• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VT99 coach (Luton Airport - Milton Keynes Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edvid

Established Member
What prices does Avantix quote for journeys on the aforementioned coach route (i.e. without onward rail travel)? And are those tickets eligible for Railcard discounts?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edvid

Established Member
Thanks. :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There's something else I meant to ask earlier - what are the fares for X5 journeys between Bedford and Milton Keynes? (With Railcard discounts if possible)

bengolding

Is the Luton to Milton Keynes coach actually operated by Virgin Trains or is it contracted out to e.g. Stagecoach as is the case with the X5? Also, out of interest, as with the X5 does the Virgin coach service accept the free bus pass scheme?

as far as I know VT99 (the MKC to luton airport shuttle) is virgin trains, and the x5 is purely stagecoach, the x5 is nothing to do with the railways so there would be no railcard discount

class377man

The X5 appears on departure screens at MK too, apparently departing from Platform Bus.

Edvid

Established Member
as far as I know VT99 (the MKC to luton airport shuttle) is virgin trains
To be precise it's a Virgin-branded Stagecoach service.
the x5 is purely stagecoach, the x5 is nothing to do with the railways so there would be no railcard discount
Thank goodness for VT99 then.
The Luton-MK bus is listed as VWC on Avantix, and even appears on the departure screens at MKC
That's the case at Luton (Midland Road) too, departing from platform 'Bus' like the X5 (and VT99) at MKC.

Edvid

Established Member
Another request from me again - if anyone could publish the full info on the Luton Airport-MKC return (as shown on Avantix) I would be most greatful.

John @ home

Established Member
Another request from me again - if anyone could publish the full info on the Luton Airport-MKC return (as shown on Avantix) I would be most grateful.
National Fares Manual NFM 04 CD
From - LUTON AIRBUS MK K042
To - MILTON KEYNES C 1378 MKC
Route - 00000 - ANY PERMITTED
BDS - BUS DAY SINGLE £5.20 VWC No Restriction Applies
BPR - BUS PERIOD RTN £9.50 VWC No Restriction Applies
BDR - BUS DAY RTN £9.50 VWC No Restriction Applies
It seems that railcard discounts apply.

John

asylumxl

Established Member
On an off topic note, is speed a necessity?

If not, I really do love the Marston Vale line and would recommend a trip on it if you've not been on it.

Parkway-> Bedford -> Bletchley -> Milton Keynes Central.

It's £7.25 with discount.

asylumxl

Established Member
On this occasion yes, but I have certainly considered travelling on the MVL and may well do so in the not too distant future.

Highly recommended :D.

Are you arriving on a flight at Luton Airport?

Luton Airports bus stops can get extremely congested at times, especially when large coaches are not able to turn within the space.

Edvid

Established Member
Are you arriving on a flight at Luton Airport?
Nope, but I live just a half-hour walk away. I've done the short journey literally hundreds of times (except when I've walked directly on occasion to/from Parkway instead, being as it is slightly further away).

Status
Not open for further replies.