• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC 225 with 1 less first class coach at Leeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clansman

Established Member
Just left Leeds and I noticed a 225 set with only 2 first class coaches as opposed to 3. Never seen this before, I taje it the coach must be in for refurbishment?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Just left Leeds and I noticed a 225 set with only 2 first class coaches as opposed to 3. Never seen this before, I taje it the coach must be in for refurbishment?

Or possibly in Leeds Neville Hill depot, if the set started its day there. Not that common but slight short formations do occur if there is something wrong with the carriage.

Kind regards.

Quantum.

Established Member

1 or 2 sets unning with one 1st class out due to maintenance at Bounds Green, also 1 HST minus coach e on one set.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
It reguarly happens. Knock a defective coach out of the formation keep the trains running. Far better from a punters point of view that service still runs and no trains are cancelled. An advantage of LHCS over MU's. On occasions an XC or EMT power car may be used or an XC HST set with an EC buffet car replacing an EC set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.