• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC Advance fare issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi guys,

I am trying to buy an advance on the 1949 departure from Kings Cross - York.

The fare is showing as £32.35 (With a YP Railcard). However when I click through to buy the fare after selecting seating preferences, I get this message;

There are no more seats available to reserve for your chosen ticket on the chosen service. The service may be full.

But this has been occuring for a few days now so if the fare isn't available why is it still being advertised?

I get similar problems trying to book the fare on all the other websites I have tried too.

Any Advice?

Thanks, Ollie

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Therre are no seat reservations left on that train.

There is Advance quota left, so there must be a few walk-up passengers who took the last reserveable seats. Unfortunately you can't get an Advance without a seat reservation on VTEC.

Can you get the 1912 instead?

Established Member
Therre are no seat reservations left on that train.

There is Advance quota left, so there must be a few walk-up passengers who took the last reserveable seats. Unfortunately you can't get an Advance without a seat reservation on VTEC.

Can you get the 1912 instead?

I arrive at Waterloo at 18.21. What is the minimum connection across London?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
55 mins, so not quite enough

Change Oxford Circus for cross-platform interchange and it can be done in about 20, but you need to allow the minimum in case your incoming train is delayed.

Established Member
55 mins, so not quite enough

Change Oxford Circus for cross-platform interchange and it can be done in about 20, but you need to allow the minimum in case your incoming train is delayed.

Indeed, and getting the later train is far from ideal.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Using Trainsplit.com, if you specify calling at: Doncaster, for only a few pence more, you can use the 19:22 KGX to DON (GC) and then VTEC from there. Or you could book them individually on any other website.

You'll then be due into York at 2136. This is because the 1922 GC overtakes the 1912 VTEC at Peterborough.

I personally would book it as all one transaction using Trainsplit for peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.