VTEC advance fares - August Bank Holiday

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by khib70, 5 Jun 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khib70

khib70 Member

Trying to book a trip from Kings Cross to Edinburgh for some friends on Friday 28th August, preferably 1st Class. Although bookings are now being taken for that date, there are no advance fares available. Can I assume that this is because it's a Bank Holiday and advances will appear once engineering works have been decided on? I don't want to jump in and buy Off Peak tickets at £200 odd the pair if advances are likely to appear later. (much as I enjoy spending other peoples' money <()

Any advice appreciated - thanks!

2. brompton rail

brompton rail Member

Well, you don't need to buy Off Peak tickets Kings Cross to Edinburgh until Friday 28th August, so you have plenty of time to keep going back to VTEC's website to check on Advances.

3. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

It's likely that it's been possible to book tickets on this train since March as Advance tickets for trains on this line are now routinely available 24 weeks in advance (they're currently available to the 20th November).

EDIT: Having had a quick look on the VTEC website there seem to be a good few Advance tickets available for this date, though not at the lower tiers.

4. Romilly

Romilly Established Member

Kings X to Edinburgh Advances for 28th August finally went on sale yesterday afternoon.

5. Stats

Stats Member

The extended booking horizon isn't available for weekends or bank holidays.

6. John @ home

John @ home Established Member Fares Advisor

Friday 28 August is neither a weekend nor a bank holiday.

7. Stats

Stats Member

Ah, yes. :oops: In my experience the extended booking horizon is also not available on the day before a bank holiday weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.