• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC advances Sunday 3 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick66

No I'm updating the website on Thursday this week, quite a few dates as well.
Wow, you’re not wrong! Is that a new policy?

Incidentally the seat map doesn’t seem to display correctly on mobile. Seats appear to be the other way round, fortunately I know the layout by now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Wow, you’re not wrong! Is that a new policy?

Incidentally the seat map doesn’t seem to display correctly on mobile. Seats appear to be the other way round, fortunately I know the layout by now.
No just most of my colleagues aren't working tomorrow and there isn't much engineering work during the summer.

londonbridge

Established Member
Still can't get on. It alternates between this:

"Sorry, we encountered an error when searching for your ticket options

Please try another search"

and the 'high volume of traffic' message.

edit-from the east coast twitter feed:

"Looks like we've ran into some IT issues this afternoon! If you're having trouble booking or collecting tickets, or accessing tickets through the app, have no fear - the Web Wizards are on the case!"

further edit: and when I do get on there are no advances listed for any train on Monday Sep 10th, cheapest offering is a super off peak single for £68.20.

Further edit: having checked, the homepage says weekday tickets available up to Friday 14th September,but no advances released for 10th-14th, yet they are available up to Friday 7th September as I've already booked my outward trip.

Last edited:

mirodo

Actually I think that may be because other TOCs aren't open for that date yet. I've tested a few flows, don't worry our direct services will be open soon.

Yes, just realised that, hence my not-so-sneaky edit! :)

londonbridge

Established Member
Excellent, that's my trip for this years Great North Run all booked up now, cheers.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Could Network Rail employ contractors to help with the timetabling work load or is it so speaclist that you don't get contractors with the right knowledge to work on this? Also getting someone in might require training time.

I know in the speaclist feild I work in there are contractors and the knowledge could only be gained doing parts of the job I do, as it can't be taught at university. This being Street Naming and Numbering.

So do specalist contractors exist in the world of train timetabling?

philjo

Established Member
I see that the amended Leeds to Kings Cross times for 3 June are now showing in RTT so hopefully not long until the bookings open.

On Moderation
Could Network Rail employ contractors to help with the timetabling work load or is it so speaclist that you don't get contractors with the right knowledge to work on this? Also getting someone in might require training time.

So do specalist contractors exist in the world of train timetabling?

I suspect that they exist but they were probably made redundant when N/R centralised to Buckinghamshire.
The few I know have found alternative work/contracting for TOC/FOCs and I doubt they would consider a return to help out the company that got rid of them.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Grand Central tickets for the 3rd June have gone on sale so I would assume VTEC will soon follow.

Although for me I'm gambling that the cheaper advances for Edinburgh - London won't be available so I'm splitting along the way [XC to Newcastle, TPE to York, GC to London, taking me a bit longer but hopefully will save money over a direct VTEC Edinburgh - London service]

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Incorrect. The third Sunday in May (20th May this year) and the second Sunday in December (9th December this year) are the dates of the main changes. Changes are also usually made during autumn ('leaf-fall' timetables) and, the relevant point for this thread, engineering works.
Indeed. The Principal Change Date being in December, and the annual change for most of Europe. The May change is the Subsidiary Change Date.

Status
Not open for further replies.