• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC HST at Carlise on 22nd November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor7

I spotted 43320 & 43311 heading North out of Carlisle on Tuesday 22nd around 09.10 am, but could not find anything on RTT.
I understand it was a diversion due to the bad weather, but does anyone know what service it was?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
I can't see any passenger services that were sent north via Carlisle during that time frame. I wonder whether it was an ECS move? Sorry I can't offer anything more definite.

Last edited:

Established Member
Can't see anything northbound but the 0526 Stirling is shown as being at Carlisle 0838 - 0910 - was just the 156L into the Cross...

Last edited:

sprinterguy

Established Member
Didnt realise XC signed via Dumfries, or would it have been a Virgin man subcontracted to drive/route conduct?
If this is in response to my original post, before I changed it, my apologies, I got my wires crossed: In my haste to post a reply I failed to recognise that the 06:46 Newcastle - Glasgow was the morning Northern/Scotrail service - The class 1 headcode threw me. Daft really, given that I used to travel on it so often a few years back!

Last edited:

Karl

On Moderation

XC90

HST diverted via Carlisle due to flooding on the ECML on 22/11/16. I believe it was the early Stirling departure that diverted.

pdeaves

Established Member
HST diverted via Carlisle due to flooding on the ECML on 22/11/16. I believe it was the early Stirling departure that diverted.

Diverted 'on the day', hence it will not show in RTT (which will simply show 'no report' for all the places it didn't pass through). Planned in advance diversions would get onto RTT.

driver9000

Established Member
Didnt realise XC signed via Dumfries, or would it have been a Virgin man subcontracted to drive/route conduct?

They don't. Diverted EC services use the main line over Beattock via Carstairs and are worked by Edinburgh EC crews who sign the route.

1S01 & 1E03 both diverted via Carlisle that day.

Newcastle Drivers and Guards sign Newcastle - Carlisle. Edinburgh Drivers sign Carlisle - Edinburgh. Edinburgh Guards sign all the way Newcastle - Edinburgh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.