• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC SSH and SSU fares

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just noticed a range of VTEC SSH and SSU Single Leg Singles now being offered via their Website, apparently for one way purchase. I thought VT/VTEC only offered these tickets as part of a round trip purchase, ie. thus allowing SSH/SSU to be combined by an ADV fare? Have they changed the terms and conditions of these in the last few days? If so, that looks quite a bargain (by VT/VTEC standards anyway)!

Also, any idea what the difference in conditions between the SSH and SSU fares is? I just looked it up on brfares.com and they seem to be identical!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
...I thought VT/VTEC only offered these tickets as part of a round trip purchase, ie. thus allowing SSH/SSU to be combined by an ADV fare? ...
For years it was the case that you could buy the VTEC variants for a one-way journey. You did have to book by 2359 the night before though.

However a while back (maybe a year ago) it changed to be only available only as part of a round trip. So if it's back to how it was originally, that is most welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.