• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC Web problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Anyone else getting server errors when they try and log in to VTEC's website or is it just me?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
you are not alone.

Perhaps management thought they could run a system which used to work very well, but by using servers which are only planned to join at York, but might not, and if they do, would have no access to what has been posted so far, if anything, and if so, all staff would require a full briefing / rebooting every time they joined.

[This is a blatant criticism of VTEC's destruction of the well-honed working practices which were developed under DOR, into a fragmented & chaotic strategy of putting all crew in the position of mopping up the failures of the immediately preceding and underresourced fragment.
Every day. Every Service. And getting more depressing as it continues.
]

But maybe the reason for your difficulty is nothing to do with VTEC's impressive ability to take something wonderful that is given to them and to break it. Maybe a third party which for which they will accept no responsibility will be blamed?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Still unable to log in.

I tweeted them last night and got a 'this is happening intermittently ' but no further response and nothing about the issue on their timeline.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Or like many things VTEC itl stay broken for a while before a temperary patchup with whatever the web uses for *insert name of overstretched TMD anywhere in the UK* 's finest gaffa tape.

Yes DaveNewcastle I am with you all the way on this one but personally feel the rot set in before VTEC and now the current management are simply polishing a turd

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Or like many things VTEC itl stay broken for a while before a temperary patchup with whatever the web uses for *insert name of overstretched TMD anywhere in the UK* 's finest gaffa tape.

Yes DaveNewcastle I am with you all the way on this one but personally feel the rot set in before VTEC and now the current management are simply polishing a turd

You may think that I couldn't possibly comment :roll:.

SGS

I wonder if they're also going to fix the problem where VTEC's advance fares on Newcastle-York flow appear routinely double those of the TPE and XC competition? Ahem.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I wonder if they're also going to fix the problem where VTEC's advance fares on Newcastle-York flow appear routinely double those of the TPE and XC competition? Ahem.
It would be difficult for VTEC to increase the fares offered by other TOCs.

takno

Established Member

Maybe they're just more popular because VTEC run proper trains fairly well and the other operators run tiny little bone-shakers with a token trolley for catering. Seems like you have the option of quality or price so I'm not clear on what the issue is

Haywain

Veteran Member
Maybe they're just more popular because VTEC run proper trains fairly well and the other operators run tiny little bone-shakers with a token trolley for catering. Seems like you have the option of quality or price so I'm not clear on what the issue is
It may be that their shares of the 'Any Permitted' fares allow TPE and XC to price their Advances lower than VTEC without losing revenue. Or maybe they see such fares as "loss leaders".

SGS

It's a last-18-months thing. EC and VTEC (in it's earlier days) were usualy cheaper than XC on this flow, at least. You may be right about TPE/XC loss-leading, but as a fairly-regular traveller on this stretch it looks more like VTECs have increased. Along with their London fares too, of course. I suppose those DfT premiums don't pay themselves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.