• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTWC Euston Qualified Driver Talent Pool Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Dvr

I’d advise anyone going for this to read the T&Cs with special scrutiny because VWC won’t be running the WCML services soon enough. They are proposing an open access operation though I think. I wonder where the drivers for that will come from?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I’d advise anyone going for this to read the T&Cs with special scrutiny because VWC won’t be running the WCML services soon enough. They are proposing an open access operation though I think. I wonder where the drivers for that will come from?
From direct recruitment, just like any other open access operation

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Anyone on here got information regarding Euston driver depot, routes signed, traction (Pendolinos and voyagers?) Links etc? Is there also parking at Euston? Considering putting in an application. Any info is greatly appreciated!
AIUI
Core is 390
Euston - Preston via Trent Valley & West Midlands (including Northampton & Grand Junction)
Manchester via Wilmslow & Hixon/Norton Bridge & Macclesfield/Alsager and Stockport /Styal
Euston carriage shed
Wembley depot and the myriad of accesses thereabouts
Top links add Liverpool, bottom links add 221 and Crewe - Chester
No idea on parking alas.

Last edited:

Red1980

So it does seem strange that VTWC is taking on drivers to its talent pool despite not operating any franchises from December this year.

Not that strange really. Before any franchise change the old and new franchises get together to discuss numerous things so the handover is as smooth as possible.

recruitment is bound to be one of the things discussed.

S3

Morning all..anyone applied for the current talent pool..closes today?

Panupreset

Is there London weighting on top of basic salary at Euston?
Also I know there are night turns, but what about earliest start on early turns latest finish late turns etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.