• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VWC Driver misses stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

That sounds like quite a serious incident, hardly a laughing matter :roll:

I think it'd be best to wait for the full details before jumping to any conclusions. If the driver just forgetting to stop is true though, I'll just be glad it wasn't me...

Guinness

Established Member
I agree with 91119, it's not a laughing matter whether you hate Pendolinos or not. With the Peak Timetable on the WCML you do get odd calling patterns on some services. Manchester Piccadilly - Euston trains usually call at Stockport, Macclesfield (xx08 only), Stoke-on-Trent, Milton Keynes Central and London Euston (Watford Junction is in the odd fast). At Peak there are stops at Rugby, Nuneaton and Lichfield TV on one service dotted here and there.

Sprinter

I have witnessed a train miss a scheduled stop too, waiting for my usual 0814 to Barking. I watched the train coming into the station and I thought he was going a little quick to be able to stop, he was, glided past the "car stop" sign and finally came to rest with just the back cab in the platform. So the driver put the train into reverse and back into Walthamstow Queens Road to pick up all the amused passengers!

This was on the NLL too, where all trains stop at all stations along the line......

TheSlash

Established Member
I was reading on another website how a driver slid through a known poor adhession station, got permission to set back and immediatly slid right through in the opposite direction :lol:

Sprog

Established Member
Ive read about this on another forum aswell

The driver missed the sation, wen back for another try, missed it again, went back for a 3rd try, missed it AGAIN!! :lol: so they gave up and told him 2 continue.

Another one i heard is the driver slid through the station, had 2 reverse and once in the station, reported it to the bobby, who told the driver of the next train to do a test. He ended up in exactly the same place as the first driver!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember a TPE 158 2-Car heading for leeds, we were standing on Micklefield Stations, and the train, instead of stopping, just sped through of the junction line. That annoyed us. :roll:

Tomnick

Established Member
trainlover123 said:
I remember a TPE 158 2-Car heading for leeds, we were standing on Micklefield Stations, and the train, instead of stopping, just sped through of the junction line. That annoyed us. :roll:
That's the way it should be :) . If the expresses called at all the piddly little stations like Micklefield, they wouldn't be expresses any more ;) .

Having said that - how many TPE services are booked to call at Micklefield?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Tomnick said:
trainlover123 said:
That's the way it should be :) . If the expresses called at all the piddly little stations like Micklefield, they wouldn't be expresses any more ;) .

None, but that's debateable.

A Blackpool-York does in peak hours, this used to be TPE (until last year) but isn't any more since the split, but there is talk of it becoming TPE once again. In any case, the service (currently) has no First Class and no TPE liveried 158s would be used.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
yorkie said:
Tomnick said:
trainlover123 said:

None, but that's debateable.

A Blackpool-York does in peak hours, this used to be TPE (until last year) but isn't any more since the split, but there is talk of it becoming TPE once again. In any case, the service (currently) has no First Class and no TPE liveried 158s would be used.

Quite a few of the Hull-Manchester TPE services now call at South Milford, though I believe this is just to bridge the gaps in local services.

metrocammel

Ive never actually seen a train overshoot a platform (other than me on MSTS!!)
However, I have seen a Pendolino on fire due to it braking too hard, and subsiquently the brake sticking on, and starting a fire. I was on 87001 to Coventry, and it was waiting about an hour at Stetchford, I remember the guard saying "We are delayed due to one of our new trains is on fire in Coventry, therefore the station is shut!" When the station reopened and we we arrived, we were over an hour down, and the fire brigade were on the train, which stank of brake block smoke. I leaped onto 87035 (ahh those were the days!) on a Euston to Manchester via W.Midlands so I dont know what happend to the smokey pendo (and how long it was out of traffic for) , however I do know it was 390003.

Status
Not open for further replies.