• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vwc Hst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djw1981

Established Member
I know VXC have VT numbers on Voyager displays, but haven't seen that kind of ID on a journey planner before?

It wa s a Virgin gimmick that (rather like buses) you could turn up at a station and know that the VT99 service at xx15 was via Milltown to Seaside and the VT98 at xx45 went via Leathertown to seaside.

It was designed to be useful at places like BNS where you might have trains from Manchester and Newcastle both bound for Reading or Penzance, if operation princess had allowed the high frequency service, then there could have been 2 such services an hour, so the service number would have been important. on most other long distance franchises there are not that many choices, or that high a frequency service.'

It is similar to the named services, or the named lines on LU, or indeed the 'colour' lines in some places.

Flying Snail

Established Member
From my experience of using MML services STP-Leeds the regular loadings on the Sheffield-Leeds section wouldn't unduly trouble a 156 or in many cases a 153.

As for their cheap AP First Class coaxing people off GNER on the two recent FC trips I made on weekday evening peak Leeds services the loadings in FC were good until Sheffield and from there on I was the only FC passenger.

The two companies don't compete for more than a handful of passengers IMO.

Daniel

Established Member
memorex do you actually work for MML? or was it you just did some work expereience with them? :?

Nah I only did work experience with them, but am back up at St Pancras frequently and am on alot of their services.

Daniel

Established Member
Yes :). Know a few drivers, fair few on train staff, dispatchers, FC hosts etc! :lol:

RJ

Established Member
memorex do you actually work for MML? or was it you just did some work expereience with them? :?

http://www.slide.com/r/W487E8gG4z8bnOtBTSleTE9tR730PCNB

Look at slide 7 :???: Why would someone who was never on the payroll for a company go around wearing their full uniform at their leisure? Its highly unlikely that a 15 year old is working for MML and needs to travel between Paignton and Newquay to get to/from home...

RJ

Established Member
I think its also an offence to go around carrying a key to get into train cabs without permission but it doesn't stop said person...

Established Member
I believe it's actually an offence to knowingly impersonate a railway official?
Yes, BTP have been called to an 'incident' where two effers were sporting full VT uniform in an attempt to beat the grip, or so I heard the story a while back. From my experience most employee-cranks only appear in uniform for the least possible amount of time when on the bash before/after work anyway.

RJ

Established Member
You often see phonies in EWS or Arriva hi viz when they really don't need to wear them - but wearing the full uniform is just sad. Its bound to attract attention from unsuspecting passengers, which may be the point, but still...

From my experience most employee-cranks only appear in uniform for the least possible amount of time when on the bash before/after work anyway.
Too right, as I have found out! When trying to concentrate on counting loaded wagons or something similarly fascinating :shock: on a station, you get some ned coming up asking 'what is 60xxx doing'.

Status
Not open for further replies.