• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VXC-hired HST 3-day Bash, 11/08 - 13/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom C

It doesn't make you an enthusiast to have taken lots of pictures either. The quality of the pictures, the content go some way, but you could take photos of quality content, with excellent quality results every day, with every shot, but that wouldn't make you an enthusiast.

Why doesn't it make you an enthusiast??

If you take the time to go and take photos of trains that makes you a train enthusiast or am I missing something.

I havn't taken a photo since last November and my view of the railway is slightly less rosy than others but I still think I am a railway enthusiast because I still have an interest in what goes on even if it isn't as through as it used to be.

Railway enthusiasts come in many shapes and sizes be they number crunchers, photographers, people who spend amazing amounts of money chasing one class of loco, people who just ride trains or people like me who have done all that and are now happy to look on the railway with my special rose tinted glasses but they all mean the same thing, they all have an vested interest in the railway and that makes them a railway enthusiast.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ascot

Established Member
Some people get paid good money to stand in freezing cold taking pictures for a TOC or BBC or something they arn't spotters/enuthsiests/bashers etc...

Tom C

Some people get paid good money to stand in freezing cold taking pictures for a TOC or BBC or something they arn't spotters/enuthsiests/bashers etc...

You have I point I suppose although I don't think Craig falls into this catagory although when I met Craig he took a pic of a GNER Electric set so I suppose you could be suspicious.

Think you will agree that most of the people who spend hours on freezing cold platforms drinking mud which is suppose to pass for tea (more BR days) taking photos or taking numbers do it for their own enjoyment.

All the photos on our team briefs were taken by enthusiasts, the last Thameslink one had a 317 and a 319 in Moorgate :)

Ascot

Established Member
end of the day a train is a train a car is a car,some people take pics of Ellecies some take pics of steam etc.. like some people take pics of F1 cars, others Clapped out novas. Rail Enthusiests and Car Enthusiests.

Tom C

end of the day a train is a train a car is a car,some people take pics of Ellecies some take pics of steam etc.. like some people take pics of F1 cars, others Clapped out novas. Rail Enthusiests and Car Enthusiests.

Thats what I said!

Enthusiasts come in all forms and do many different things, all adds up the same thing at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.