• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VXC-hired HST 3-day Bash, 11/08 - 13/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hey gang. Here's my trip report from the recent 3-day trip for the HST off York. I've only got Day 1 out on here for the moment, the rest will follow in due course.

11/08/2006 - VXC-hired HST Bash, Day 1

Lift to HFD.
170109, in 79109, HFD - BNS via WSH (1740). 67256 noted at WFS. w00t!
350125 at BNS, two more 350s to go! w00t! 321425 noted and filmed arriving at BNS!
220001, in 60701, BNS - York via Donny
66534, 517, 57001, 66057 noted in SY and FLT. 66503 on a southbound container run slightly further north. 66007 further on in a yard to the left. 66509 on HHAs at Water Orton West Junction. UID FL 66 by Kingsbury, 1942. UID EWS 66 on southbound HAAs, 1944, near Wilnecote.
Derby: 45112, 47832 on a load of IC MK2s, 222003 on a Sheffield run (UGH!!!), required! w00t! 153354 and two CT 158s coupled up leaving southwards as we arrived!
142047 (required!) at Dore as we passed! SCORE! 13 more 142s to go!
60010 southbound on Binliners (possibly) as we arrived at Sheffield. 144005, 011, UID FNW 142, 158904 (on the 21xx to Beverley). 222003 caught us up here.
Donny: 56302 in Doncaster yard! SCORE! 153328, 82215, UID 91 on this southbound GNER run, 153331. Run through northbound through line! UID EWS 66 southbound, 08669 (I think) in Wabtec. All other numbers could not be seen, too dark! Only 2118! Rude!
York: UID unit passed us south of York as we arrived 10 early! Meridian or Voyagers, that much I am sure of! 158759, 753, 150144, 142078, 144021, 158908, 776, 185116! w00t! First official recording of a 185 for me! UID 92 passed south of the station, 2221. UID 66 before that, 2215. 43111, 44075, 42307, 42237, 42339, 42326, 42306, 40811, 41095, 41185, 43xxx. Ex-Rio carriages on the delayed 2200-ish service to Newcastle. Left about 40 minutes late, took around 10 minutes to load up! 150135 and 156489 arrived in the meantime into platform 6, whilst I filmed the HST leaving. Tally-ho off to the hostel for the night, the next GNER can stay, I can't be bothered to see it! Time for a bit of sleep! 40592 (F) and UID ftr outside York station, 60913 somewhere else.

Comments are welcome. Day 2 and 3 will come shortly. For now, I have no time to even write up the Day 1 summary, my brother's going on t'internet!

Enjoy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Craig said:
Sounds very hellfire. I thought you hated HSTs though?

I thought it was a HELLFIRE trip. I think he hates GNER because they're non-HELLFIRE.

Craig

Established Member
Chaz said:
I think he hates GNER because they're non-HELLFIRE.
GNER are SCUM :cussing: Especially certain Edinburger based guards (me, allegedly) and those comfortable Mk4's, damn them for not having worn out old seats with no leg room!!

SWT are scum also, just cos.

Guinness

Established Member
Craig said:
GNER are SCUM :cussing: Especially certain Edinburger based guards (me, allegedly) and those comfortable Mk4's, damn them for not having worn out old seats with no leg room!!

SWT are scum also, just cos.

I think all GNER Guards are disgraceful especially the Edinburgh lot. Utter disgrace and GNER does not deserve to use beastly HSTs. What a farce.

Tom C

GNER are SCUM Especially certain Edinburger based guards (me, allegedly) and those comfortable Mk4's, damn them for not having worn out old seats with no leg room!!

Wow!

So you commute to Edinburgh just to work for Scumbag trains? You really are disgraceful!!

142047 (required!) at Dore as we passed! SCORE! 13 more 142s to go!

HELLFIRE!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
:whdat:

Grow up the lot of you...

If you're going to be like that, I won't bother...

And my opinions on HSTs have changed again since the hellfire performance of 43054 and 058. No-one could say that was a boring bash, because it RULED!

One thing I will add is that for the entire trip, it was only on the way home where I encountered delays! The 0830 off ESD, down 1 at Westbury on arrival. 0955 (retimed to 0958, left Westbury 6 down, arrived Newport 1 up. 1150 off Newport to Hereford, left 1 down, arrived 4 down. Whilst not as bad as usual (I'm accustomed to 20+ delays on CDF - Pompeys and the like), I had been expecting a poor performance with CT or VXC. They, in fact, ran their services like a dream!

Craig

Established Member
WSXFan said:
And my opinions on HSTs have changed again since the hellfire performance of 43054 and 058. No-one could say that was a boring bash, because it RULED!
Now isn't that a suprise... :roll:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It's a pointless argument. Craig and I will never get along. A GNER fanatic (sorry, ENTHUSIAST) and a, umm...non-GNER fanatic. Yeah, a perfect match, in terms of arguing.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
WSXFan said:
It's a pointless argument. Craig and I will never get along. A GNER fanatic (sorry, ENTHUSIAST) and a, umm...non-GNER fanatic. Yeah, a perfect match, in terms of arguing.
And you're telling everybody else to grow up... :rolleyes:

There's more to the hobby than either being a 'hater' or a 'fanatic'. Oh yes, that's the other thing too, it's just that - a hobby. There's more to life than to-ing and fro-ing about whether or not a HST is HELLFIRE (<D) enough for you to travel on it or not...

Just lighten up a bit...

David

Established Member
In the blue corner, hailing from Hereford. He is a fan of many things - WSXFan.

And in the red corner, hailing from Newcastle. He is a Hellfire fanatic - Craig.

Seconds out, round 1

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Cheers for your thoughts Lewisham2221. Blame Mr. Craig for infuriating me with his insults after I cared to share my experiences on the network on Friday. I won't waste my time doing so from now on, I'll simply keep the reports for my own records only. Simply not worth the effort typing it all up if all you get back is a load of insults and sarcasm, mainly from one individual only.

As for the boxing match introduction Dave, ROFL!

*Bell dings, WSXFan throws up a defence against Craig's intolerable and nonsensical fighting style*

David

Established Member
This is going beyond a joke now. 1 person decides to take the time and effort to write up what he's done and seen, yet several forum members have decided to take the **** for no reason that I can see.

WSXFan said:
I won't waste my time doing so from now on, I'll simply keep the reports for my own records only. Simply not worth the effort typing it all up if all you get back is a load of insults and sarcasm

Can't say that I blame you.

Craig

Established Member
60006 Scunthorpe Ironmaster said:
1 person decides to take the time and effort to write up what he's done and seen, yet several forum members have decided to take the **** for no reason that I can see.
If said member didn't go to rediculous extremes, change his opinions every 5 minutes or slate TOCs for perfectly reasonable actions (i.e. GNER's Mk4 refurbishment) then maybe people wouldn't take the **** so much.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Rediculous extremes? I'm going to add another to that list of yours then: Being picky with people's spelling. It's 'ridiculous' you numpty. If there's one thing that annoys me endless, it is people who cannot spell. Do yourself a favour, go down to the local WHSmith and get a dictionary. You might find one in WHSmith on the station at Newcastle. Oh wait! You couldn't possibly go there, you might be mistaken for someone with an interest in rail! Heavens forbid...

This emoticon will put meaning behind the phrase 'a picture says a thousand words' here:

:thebirdm:

David

Established Member
Craig, are you genuinlly interested in railways, or do you frequent this forum to see how many people you can insult in 1 day?

Guinness

Established Member
Craig, are you genuinlly interested in railways, or do you frequent this forum to see how many people you can insult in 1 day?

I think it's interesting judging from the amount of Photos he has on his Railway Website. ;)

David

Established Member
Chaz said:
I think it's interesting judging from the amount of Photos he has on his Railway Website. ;)
And what's that got to do with it? I have a job which keeps me out for upto 14 hours a day, so I don't get very many opportunities to take photos, and with my camera being knackered, I can't take any photos anyway. As for WSXFan, he isn't much of a photographer, but re travels around the network a lot more than some people (including me).

Guinness

Established Member
And what's that got to do with it? I have a job which keeps me out for upto 14 hours a day, so I don't get very many opportunities to take photos, and with my camera being knackered, I can't take any photos anyway. As for WSXFan, he isn't much of a photographer, but re travels around the network a lot more than some people (including me).

If Craig wasn't interested in Railways why would he have a large collection of Rail Pictures then. :? Seems odd that. I'm interested in Railways but I don't go to every corner of the network just to be "interested in railways".

Craig

Established Member
Chaz said:
If Craig wasn't interested in Railways why would he have a large collection of Rail Pictures then. :?
It's just an elaborate rouse. I hate the railways, especially GNER and their good trains.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thanks Dave. At least someone isn't posting more crap about me or my opinions.

I might not take many photos myself, but that is purely because my camera died a couple of months ago. I now use my HC19E everywhere. Uploading videos from that I cannot do, because my PC and the USB connection won't provide a fast enough transfer rate to get quality video. Sound, yes, but not video. Pity, I've got some excellent footage that no photo could match.

I wouldn't upload photos to here anyway because everyone disses those too. No point then.

I do travel around the network a lot. That tends to be something a fully-fledged line basher and haulage man does. Cover all of the lines, get as much haulage and mileages as possible. I enjoy doing this, meeting some of life's interesting creatures along the way. Of course, you meet some twats. One of such people was one on a 158 I did from Taunton to BTM last year on the FoSW. Another would be Craig. That is one thing I am glad to have never done, meeting Craig.

It doesn't make you an enthusiast to have taken lots of pictures either. The quality of the pictures, the content go some way, but you could take photos of quality content, with excellent quality results every day, with every shot, but that wouldn't make you an enthusiast.

In any case, I'm sick to death of this waste of time, this waste of bandwidth. If anyone has anything interesting to share with me, don't hesitate to contact me on MSN or PM me on any forum you might find me on. That'll be a challenge later on...Of course, I'm open to receiving SMS messages too.

For the duration, I am off.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I sincerely doubt I have, and I would certainly reckon the likes of us will never see eye to eye on anything anyway, so it's unlikely we'll meet!

I'm sending you a PM here, in case you're about and online. I'll look forward to the response!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Several argumentitive posts have been removed from this thread as they serve no purpose whatsoever and are just nonsense designed to wind up the original poster.

If you don't want to read WSXFan's trip reports, then don't click on the topic, such behaviour can ruin the fun for everyone, and such stories may not be posted in the future if they are going to be criticised.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It was...Made shorter in terms of endurance by the fact there was nothing booked to run through ESD on the Saturday, so I made the overall cost higher by booking a hostel. Good thing too, I was still shattered the next day anyway!

Thanks for clearing up the thread Mojo. However I stand by what I said about not bothering to post reports from now on. There's always some complaint about them (too comprehensive, too many abbreviations, the style doesn't suit a reader...) anyway, so it's just not worth me typing them up. I am, however, rather interested in finding all of my reports and keeping both a paper and a digital form of them all for referring to in years to come. But I won't share the reports, that is a final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.