• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VXC HST - Tomorrow (Sunday 6th Jan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Some interesting gen here, courtesy of the Virgin Trains Gen Group :)

Aston Vile are at Old Trafford. So VT are using the MML HST set to
work the following...
1T05 0942 Birmingham New Street - Manchester VICTORIA
Runs via Water Orton, Nuneaton, Trent Valley, Stafford, Crewe,
Wilmslow and calls: Nuneaton 1007, Stockport 1138, Manchester Vic 1209.

ECS Vic - Pic via Stockport

1??? 1709 Manchester Piccadilly - Birmingham New Street, runs via
Stockport, Stoke, Stafford, Trent Valley, Nuneaton, Water Orton.
Calls at Nuneaton 1840 and New Street 1908 ONLY.

(Ta CB)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
Good to see that Virgin are using the HST to good use. Would be good to travel on if it wasn't for the football fans...

westcoaster

Established Member
can the hst not fit on the platform at old trafford, if not what units do they use to convey ths football fans to old trafford station.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They normally operate class 323s out of Piccadilly, but I'm not sure how they'll get the fans from Victoria. Presumably they will have to travel by the Metrolink. Remember this is a normal VXC service so they can't just decide to run it through to Old Trafford! From what I remember, all of a HST could probably fit on the platform at Old Trafford as it can take a 9 car 323 formation easily.

The Snap

Established Member
Just posted this in another thread, so it can be delted by a Mod if neccessary.

The HST passed Ashton Moss Jcn heading to Victoria at 12.28pm, 19 mins down AFAIK.

EDIT:

HST passsed Ashton Moss Jcn again going other way at 12:50pm. I think it must be going round the loop into Man Picc ECS for the return leg, as it was going very slow.

westcoaster

Established Member
:oops: sorry i thought it was an additional service, did not know they went to victoria, thought all virgin services went in to piccadilly.:oops:

Guinness

Established Member
Old Trafford Station can fit in 7 Cars and usually only sees 323s extended from Macclesfield, Manchester Airport and Glossop.

The Snap

Established Member
Virgin run Voyagers into Victoria on Sundays for the time being I beleive.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Old Trafford Station can fit in 7 Cars and usually only sees 323s extended from Macclesfield, Manchester Airport and Glossop.

When I went to the Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford in October I'm sure my 323 was 9 cars! Maybe it was just a mistake.

What I do know is that all services to Old Trafford started and terminated at Piccadilly that day.

Are Virgin diverting because of engineering works?

Status
Not open for further replies.