• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waiting times for results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheryl1980

Hi, does anyone have any more info how long you have to wait to see if you’ve passed the initial assessment? Its only been 7 days but I’m itching to know. Can you end up waiting weeks/months?
Thanks x

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
It depends on what assessment you’re talking about and for which role. Are you talking about the initial online assessment set by the TOC? Or the psychometric assessments for a driver role for example?

It largely depends on which TOC or FOC it is, as it varies a lot. Railway recruitment is notoriously slow and 7 days in a snip at what some people have to wait unfortunately.

Cheryl1980

It depends on what assessment you’re talking about and for which role. Are you talking about the initial online assessment set by the TOC? Or the psychometric assessments for a driver role for example?

It largely depends on which TOC or FOC it is, as it varies a lot. Railway recruitment is notoriously slow and 7 days in a snip at what some people have to wait unfortunately.

It was the fault finding, group bourdon, tea-occ and situational judgement tests

Stigy

Established Member
Okay, thanks for clarifying. Did they give a rough date you’d hear? Was it the OPC who administered the tests or the TOC?

Cheryl1980

Okay, thanks for clarifying. Did they give a rough date you’d hear? Was it the OPC who administered the tests or the TOC?
It was the OPC - I’m sure the guy said 7-10 days but I just wanted to know if everyone hears back then, or if it does take longer? I’m just impatient and very keen - that’s all :)

consolegamer

It was the fault finding, group bourdon, tea-occ and situational judgement tests.
I recently sat these tests with the OPC and I received my results after 12 working days. You'll receive the results from your TOC or FOC, not the OPC. Your TOC/FOC may already have the results but they just haven't processed them yet. You could contact them if you're desperate to find out, although I would advise against this at the moment as it's only been 7 days.

gaerne58

I know the recruitment process is slow, but jeeeeez... I had the confirmation email that I passed my assessment at the depot back on the 21st Jan, and I'm still waiting to know if I've been short listed for an interview!

I've actually applied for a job at a electricity distribution company now, as this is another career opportunity that is too good to pass up, but I would prefer the railway industry. Just wish they wouldn't drag their heels so much.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
To be frank - in railway world you could be waiting weeks/months for an update sometimes. I personally don't agree with it - people should be told in a reasonable short space of time whether they have been successful or not.

gaerne58

To be frank - in railway world you could be waiting weeks/months for an update sometimes. I personally don't agree with it - people should be told in a reasonable short space of time whether they have been successful or not.

I know it's nuts isn't it. Shouldn't be surprised really, I've gone through it before but at least back then I had more frequent updates.

The difference this time was that I had already passed the Shunter assessment previously, so after my online test I had an email soon after to say I had passed the assessment.

Got my fingers crossed still for an interview, but my current work is killing my mood and it would be nice to have some closure either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.