• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wakefield-Skipton split ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

anti-pacer

Established Member
This morning I bought a ticket from Wakefield-Steeton, and another from Steeton-Skipton, both returns. I am currently near Skipton on the 1017 Leeds-Heysham Port train which doesn't call at Steeton but goes through it.

Is my ticket valid?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
No! Unless it's a trick question, as I understand it, your train must call at whatever station you're splitting at. Your train doesn't, hence the ticket isn't valid.

Last edited:

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
For point to point tickets, what you are proposing is only valid if one of the tickets is a season ticket, otherwise the train must call at the station which you switch tickets at

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If neither were season tickets/leisure passes the train needed to call. Did the guard catch on?

crehld

Established Member
Not valid as your train needed to call at Steeton and Silsden. Next time split at Keighley. An extra 10p (based on Anytime Day Single fares), but gives you more flexibility as all trains calling at Skipton also stop there.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
The guard didn't seem bothered.

They rarely are so long as you're somewhere near - they've plenty of fares to sell to those who boarded without paying.

Wouldn't recommend trying the experiment again, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.