• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wakefield to Sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUC

Established Member
For the next couple of years my wife and I will be travelling twice a month from Wakefield to Sheffield, arriving before 0900 and returning the same day after 1600. We need to be flexible about times. The cheapest option I can see, with a Disabled Persons Railcard, is a Not via Doncaster Anytime Day Return at £7.75 each, which for the two of us over the two days of travel would come to £31 a month. Can anyone suggest any alternatives, such as other combinations of departure/arrival stations whch also include Wakefield/Sheffield validity, that would be cheaper options?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
Have you looked for reasonably priced advance tickets? Crosscountry price Wakefield-Sheffield, and are supposed to offer some cheap ones. Northern do (for instance) Wakefield-Doncaster and Doncaster-Sheffield, but I don't know if they have any cheap enough to be worthwhile.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can anyone suggest any alternatives, such as other combinations of departure/arrival stations whch also include Wakefield/Sheffield validity, that would be cheaper options?
If they did, they'd soon have their validity altered or the fare increased :lol:

(and, knowing your luck, it would again happen before you have the opportunity to even use the ticket yourself!)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For the next couple of years my wife and I will be travelling twice a month from Wakefield to Sheffield, arriving before 0900 and returning the same day after 1600....
Weekdays? Then I don't know of anything. Sorry!

(If you ever need to travel at these times on a weekend, then the PM I sent will be of use)

Status
Not open for further replies.