• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wales & West 153318 in "Sôn am Sioe!" (2001)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamyd

On Moderation
Wasn't sure whether to post this in "Memorabilia, Media & Publications" or "Traction and Rolling Stock". No copyright infringement intended.

I was with my Mum and the children she looks after today and saw this! I was impressed and surprised at the detail / accuracy of the illustration, although inside the unit's passenger saloon I thought that the armrests were hard (they appear upholstered) and there's also what looks like a phone symbol on a sticker by the window even though it's not a 158 and even if it had been, the phones on those stopped working in 2001 when 1G service was turned off. Some illustrations of the unit at Llanelli and Llandeilo stations and a level crossing in 2001 as well!

20190806-144820-2.jpg

20190806-144833-2.jpg

20190806-144841-2.jpg

20190806-144846-2.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Being brought up in West Wales and in a bilingual school (we are talking a long time ago) , I can only regret that we did not have such enlightening reading material. Excellent stuff.

Llandeilo seems to be a bit more "rural" than in my recollections. You can certainly recognise Trostre and the lime kilns at Cilyrychen. (Crossing)

Status
Not open for further replies.