• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Walford East station

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Just been listening in the background to Eastenders, and since when did 95TS's run on the District Line?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

evil_hippo

This is a case of conflicting sources. Certain sources, including one poster in the station on the set, describe the "eastenders line" from Walford East to "Up west". In which case, they can use what they want.

They must have modernised anyway, I'm sure the stock used to have motors that sounded like conventional 3rd rail trains (I have no idea what stock they used to use the sounds of, so that is my best try at a description!).

District Dave

The idea of a 92TS is rather intriguing though as Walford (East or otherwise....) is most definitely supposed to be on the District.

IIRC the station's classic 'District Railway' and I believe that on the Undergorund maps Walford replaces Bow Road (I think) - or is it Bromley-by-Bow.

Mind, I have to admit that I don't watch the programme.......

Have to admit it's always on in the background, and I think it is Bromley on the District that Walford East takes the place of.

Am I correct in thinking those 95 shots were filmed at East Finchley?

jd

I thought I read that the station was modelled on somewhere up the Bloo (poss Maida Vale), DD. I'll go and look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.