• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Walk between Birmingham Snow Hill and New Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It seems google has ballsed up my link then - when I follow the link it displays the walking route. Is this link any better (try me)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Just to prove I'm not making things up, here is a screenshot of what I can see:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    883.1 KB · Views: 48

D1009

Established Member
Here is a related question which has just cropped up in my life:

How long does it take to walk from Moor Street station to Digbeth coach station? (This'll be at around 22.00 on Wednesday.)
If you're going to Digbeth, one of the best real ale pubs in Birmingham, the Anchor, is almost next to the coach station:)

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
Really? From my own experience I didn't think it was physically possible!

It absolutely is though it can be confusing I guess. Because the car park was built on a hill ground level is on different floors depending on whether you are at the front or the back. From the Moor Street/Bullring side just take the lift or stairs down to level 1, Moor Street is at level 2, and walk across. It is much more difficult (and downright dangerous) to do if you go into the car park proper and avoid the stairs or lifts though.

It is probably a lot easier to figure out the route if you come in via Allison Street and try to find your way out onto Moor Street but once you have done it then it should make sense. I doubt it is a massive time saver though, unless you are going to the snooker hall behind Moor Street station.

Eagle

Established Member
I won't be going through the car park. Partly because it's unfamiliar and doesn't actually seem to save me any time, but mainly because it'll be closed when I'm there. :P

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
It's open 24 hours for certain people. ;)

But yeah, in terms of being a short cut it's a pretty crap one. I assume you are coming into Moor Street from the south? If so, you can see Digbeth Coach Station from out of the window of the train as you head past it. It's on the left hand side of the train if you sit facing the direction of travel. It's quite easy to spot as it has BIRMINGHAM COACH STATION on the roof in illuminated letters. I think they changed the name of it from Digbeth to Birmingham coach station when the place got rebuilt two or three years ago. I've not been inside, but from the street the new building seems a thousand times nicer than the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.