• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Walking quicker than the bus journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abpj17

I don't know - although I wasn't in London yesterday, I've found some routes surprisingly quick during previous tube strikes - I've planned to walk fairly large distances but then caught a bus once a few have passed me.

Not Fleet Street / Strand! Outside zone 1 I suspect it's rather easier too.

For the OP's question - quite often! But a bus is warm and dry. Outside rush hour, it can often be quick - so saves time. I tend to fall over if I walk and play on phone at same time...so bus means I can check work emails etc (or pokemon ;) It's really sensitive to roadworks tho - such as the ones on Moorgate or the Tower Bridge closure etc.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

Veteran Member
Not Fleet Street / Strand! Outside zone 1 I suspect it's rather easier too.

For the OP's question - quite often! But a bus is warm and dry. Outside rush hour, it can often be quick - so saves time. I tend to fall over if I walk and play on phone at same time...so bus means I can check work emails etc (or pokemon ;) It's really sensitive to roadworks tho - such as the ones on Moorgate or the Tower Bridge closure etc.
I'd rather walk in the cold and set if it was quicker than a bus. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.