• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Walsall - Rugeley Overhead Lines Down 28/01/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangie

Established Member
At the moment no trains running between Walsall and Rugeley Trent Valley due to overhead line problems. According to West Midland Railway disruption expected all day.

Anyone know what has happened?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thecrofter

Are electric services now running on this line, or still awaiting ORR approval?

ORR approval has been granted but as far as I'm aware there hasn't been an electric train on the route as yet. Platform extension work for the 350's is still ongoing so it may be some time before one actually runs. May Timetable change should see the new electric services begin.

driver_m

Established Member
There's a Liverpool - Rugeley via Brum in the system from May timetable change. Showing as using a 350 .

59CosG95

Established Member
There's a Liverpool - Rugeley via Brum in the system from May timetable change. Showing as using a 350 .
Just the one service? Or a regular diagram?
There currently is a Walsall-B'ham New St-Wolverhampton-Liverpool Lime St service (also using a 350); perhaps this is an extension of that in the opposite direction.

driver_m

Established Member
There currently is a Walsall-B'ham New St-Wolverhampton-Liverpool Lime St service (also using a 350); perhaps this is an extension of that in the opposite direction.

I don't know to be honest, I was looking for the badly organised new TPE Glasgow's from Liverpool Lime St and was intrigued when a Rugeley showed up. Had a look at the through services to London after this and oh boy are we in for some fun with late running on the WCML!!

sd0733

Established Member
Just the one around 6:30am from Liverpool. All the rest are to New Street or Euston

furnessvale

Established Member
ORR approval has been granted but as far as I'm aware there hasn't been an electric train on the route as yet.
Is that a unique situation in that the line is stopped due to OHLE problems before a single electric train has run, or has it happened before?

twpsaesneg

Is that a unique situation in that the line is stopped due to OHLE problems before a single electric train has run, or has it happened before?
Pretty sure that Liverpool - Manchester was stopped due to OLE problems before energisation! Something had dropped foul of gauge during construction IIRC.

furnessvale

Established Member
Pretty sure that Liverpool - Manchester was stopped due to OLE problems before energisation! Something had dropped foul of gauge during construction IIRC.
Yes, I can imagine problems during construction, but I understood Walsall-Rugeley was finished, powered up and ready to go.

twpsaesneg

Yes, I can imagine problems during construction, but I understood Walsall-Rugeley was finished, powered up and ready to go.
It is, but still thought the Eccles incident fit your criteria!

In fairness, the tree down would likely have stopped trains regardless of the OLE.

alangla

Bathgate OHLE caught fire while being tested by an empty train (during the day!) All passenger trains at that point were diesel

Tin Rocket

Seem to recall an incident around didcot where components failed causing a line blockage a few years ago prior to energisation

Status
Not open for further replies.