• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waltham Cross to Stratford (need to extend ticket to Cheshunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulypaul

I have already bought a super-off peak day return from Waltham Cross to Stratford (London), travelling tomorrow (Tuesday) outbound on 11:19 returning around 22:00 with a wheelchair.

I called assisted travel to reserve ramp assistance and a lady called back to tell me that the Stratford bound platform at Waltham Cross isn't wheelchair accessible, so I wouldl have to travel up to Cheshunt, change trains and then travel back down.

As I am driving to the train station, I might as well originate and terminate my journey from Cheshunt.

What sort of ticket will I need to purchase to extend my existing ticket to cover the Cheshunt to Waltham Cross part of the journey?

Thanks for any assistance.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I presume I just by a super off-peak return from Cheshunt to Waltham Cross then?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
I have already bought a super-off peak day return from Waltham Cross to Stratford (London), travelling tomorrow (Tuesday) outbound on 11:19 returning around 22:00 with a wheelchair.

I called assisted travel to reserve ramp assistance and a lady called back to tell me that the Stratford bound platform at Waltham Cross isn't wheelchair accessible, so I wouldl have to travel up to Cheshunt, change trains and then travel back down.

As I am driving to the train station, I might as well originate and terminate my journey from Cheshunt.

What sort of ticket will I need to purchase to extend my existing ticket to cover the Cheshunt to Waltham Cross part of the journey?

Thanks for any assistance.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I presume I just by a super off-peak return from Cheshunt to Waltham Cross then?

As greater anglia are obliged to make reasonable adjustments, and as the Routeing Guide specifically states that it doesn't apply to disabled persons, I would suggest you shouldn't have to pay extra.

Perhaps go to Cheshunt and explain the advice to the staff there.

soil

Established Member
yes cheshunt to waltham cross is fine. £2.10 super-off peak day return.

I assume y ou are going to the games, and should in any case have bought the Cheshunt/Waltham Cross - London Games ticket for £1.70/£1.10 each way at http://www.nationalrailgamestravel.co.uk/

soil

Established Member
As greater anglia are obliged to make reasonable adjustments, and as the Routeing Guide specifically states that it doesn't apply to disabled persons, I would suggest you shouldn't have to pay extra.

Perhaps go to Cheshunt and explain the advice to the staff there.

Best to check before buying in future:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/wlc/details.html

"Step free access to Cambridge-bound platform only."

soil

Established Member
There is NOT a requirement to 'check before buying'. Under the Equality Act, a wheelchair-bound person can travel where they want, and the service provider is obliged to make reasonable adjustments as necessary.

Which would not extent to making the inaccessible 'wrong side of the tracks' accessible.

If you want to buy a ticket for a closer origin/destination and then argue about the Equality Act for the sake of saving 60p on a return ticket, then fine.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There is NOT a requirement to 'check before buying'. Under the Equality Act, a wheelchair-bound person can travel where they want, and the service provider is obliged to make reasonable adjustments as necessary.

What is the definition of reasonable?

34D

Established Member
Which would not extent to making the inaccessible 'wrong side of the tracks' accessible.

No, but will extend to allowing the journey to start or end at a different station and/or providing a taxi to an accessible station.

paulypaul

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm from the midlands, so I picked up my Olympic Tickets at Coventry Stadium. They are unable to issue Games Travelcards there. I did check the accessibility page for Waltham Cross on the National Rail page, but clearly I didn't read it hard enough.

soil

Established Member
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm from the midlands, so I picked up my Olympic Tickets at Coventry Stadium. They are unable to issue Games Travelcards there. I did check the accessibility page for Waltham Cross on the National Rail page, but clearly I didn't read it hard enough.

You don't need a Games Travelcard in order to buy a Games rail ticket from http://www.nationalrailgamestravel.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.