• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Want to be on Sky One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eos

I have received this email from Princess productions Ltd., who are looking to produce a pilot for Sky One.
----------------------------------------------
I am writing from a London based Production Company. We are currently working on a pilot about Britain's most popular interests and activities. I am currently looking to talk to people in the South East that are passionate about train spotting/ railways.

The premise being a sort of 'come dine with me' for popular interests. 4 people with very different pastimes will spend a day with each other really immersing themselves in the world. We are looking to talk to passionate people that can really bring the hobby alive to the viewer and would be happy to introduce 3 new people to a day in their life.
DO YOU HAVE THE BEST HOBBY?

A new Sky One show is searching for hobby enthusiasts in SOUTH EAST ENGLAND to go head to head with one another for a cash prize.

ARE YOU INCREDIBLY PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR HOBBY?

RECKON YOU COULD CONVINCE OTHERS THAT YOUR HOBBY IS BETTER THAN THEIRS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TRY OUT NEW HOBBIES IN RETURN?

DO YOU THINK YOUR HOBBY COULD CLAIM THE WINNING PRIZE?

If you can show the nation that your hobby is worth it’s weight in gold and are prepared to try out a few more, get in touch

Drop us an email with your hobby in the subject line and then your name, contact number, age, address and a 50 -100 word outline of why your hobby is the best and what you would do to convince others that it is.

AT THE MOMENT WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH EAST

if you are interested please contact [email protected]
-------------------------------------------
Princess Productions Ltd can be found at http://www.princesstv.com and they produce, amongst other programs, The Sunday Night Project, The Wright Stuff, Lily Allen and Friends, The Fashion show. etc..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eos

The limitation to the South-East is probably because of the filming location in London, and the fact its a pilot production... Someone will have to set up the interviewing , and probably doesn't want to go nationwide till the format has been properly sorted.

mumrar

Established Member
Sounds awesome!!! Hopefully it will go to air and that people will change their perspectives of rail enthusiasts.
Hopefully. But it's most likely going to be edited in such a way we seem like a bunch of number hungry fact munchers who only drink tea from a Thermos. Anyone remotely normal won't be used in the pilot. It will be used to reinforce stereotypes and make the masses who lounge in front of TV all day feel better about themselves.

Aussie_Rail

Hopefully. But it's most likely going to be edited in such a way we seem like a bunch of number hungry fact munchers who only drink tea from a Thermos. Anyone remotely normal won't be used in the pilot. It will be used to reinforce stereotypes and make the masses who lounge in front of TV all day feel better about themselves.
That I can well imagine. Rather than try and portray rail enthusiasts as quite normal people they will look for the most obsessive and 'autistic' looking or the weirdest kind of one out there and make us all look like total freaks which is what they do anyway.

mumrar

Established Member
That'll be bloody golf, then. <(
I'm afraid not, it will be fishing. After a day photographing I don't format my memory card then do it all again. I just don't get it if you throw the fish back in. Or the bait. Not many other sports use bait for success, imagine that, Jenson Button heading for victory, then spins out cos he smelt and saw a 48oz British beef steak!
Each to their own though, having been on the end of stick for my hobby.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Yeah I can only agree that the result will only probably cast us in a very negative light.

Death

Established Member
I love the way the put this:
Sky series pilot said:
...popular, most unusual and most downright unfathomable hobbies.
Hmmm...I'm wondering just what might happen if I went in for it and was used for the pilot... :shock:;)

Does anyone know when the closing date for applications is, and when people would need to be available for the programme? <D

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I live in SouthEast London (Lewisham,near Hither Green shed) but reading some other posts I agree they'll make us look bad and when making the program they'll pic the worst and boring parts together to make us look bad and will probally do it to the other people and diffrent enthusiats taking part.

Anyway to the Rail Fanatic taking part please please be exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.