• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warm ennit

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

I dunno how you guys down south put up with all that hot weather?
I absolutely detest it. Give me a nice cold but sunny day anytime

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
HR2 said:
I dunno how you guys down south put up with all that hot weather?
I absolutely detest it. Give me a nice cold but sunny day anytime
it was very hot in London today
5 hours of 2 GCSEs today :(
sweating, my right hand feeling numb
Give me clouds!!

Tom B

Established Member
Bleddy boiling - hate the heat.

*pours freezing water over self again, then tries to stop bleeding from insect bites*

Coxster

Established Member
We had 29 degrees C today in Farnborough - not used to that!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Julian G said:
Give me clouds!!
GCSEs pfft give me a break I've been powering through assignments/essays up to and over 2000 words for the past 5 days almost non stop (of course stopping for food/sleep).

Last thursday I had 9 to do and 3 to upgrade.
Today I have 3 to do and 2 to upgrade.

Wait til you get to college. The real academic work starts there! (And carries on into Uni!)

Did I mention they all have to be finished by friday?

(oh and before anyone starts this "you should have done them when you got them" B/S, don't, not my fault the college is unorganised and decides to p*ss about with assignment handouts/deadlines/lecture timetables etc etc) Just warning you :) example: assignments 2.4 and 2.6 I received last weds. They SHOULD have been given out in FEBRUARY. :roll:

Right Im off to bed now as I've earned this lay-in today :homework::sleepy2::sleepy2::sleepy2:

Gareth Hale

Unlucky for you all w/out A/C. Were going upto 40C later this week, the A/C has been on 24/7 since mid April. Mentains a lovely 20C indoors.

Jordy

Established Member
Help me, I am melting!!!

Cant stand this much longer, think I might go and live in the car, which has Air Conditioning ;)

Jordy

Coxster

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Why not buy air conditioning for your home?
Bit pricey for a 15 year old, and even for many parents considering how much it'd get used in the UK.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Coxster said:
Bit pricey for a 15 year old, and even for many parents considering how much it'd get used in the UK.
exactly why bother if you only use it for about 2 weeks of the year? Its a little pricey for some people as well.... I'm sure as hell I can't afford to bother... I have a car to buy. Not all of us are made of money like you Gareth.

I love a good thunder storm I do!

Dave A

Exactly. And, unlike you yanks, we get half of what we earn taken away from us thanks to tax, so air-conditioning is really bottom of the list.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Gareth Hale said:
Why not buy air conditioning for your home? Or buy a Window fan? They work wonders.

Also, Air Conditioning uses up lots of electricity, I'm trying to use no more than 7kWh/day, and bar 1 day when we had to mow the grass, I'm succeeding. Not only am I saving those who pay the bills a fortune but the environment too.
It's amazing how easy it is. Turn off the TV/Sky Box when you're not watching it, turn the PC's VDU off when you're not using it, don't run the laptop off the mains unless it needs charging, try and use candles rather than lights, it all contributes.

Maybe I was watching too many of those Climate Chaos shows on BBC though :p

ikar

David V2 said:
Exactly. And, unlike you yanks, we get half of what we earn taken away from us thanks to tax, so air-conditioning is really bottom of the list.

You mean taken away to pay for Americans...

Mojo said:
Also, Air Conditioning uses up lots of electricity, I'm trying to use no more than 7kWh/day, and bar 1 day when we had to mow the grass, I'm succeeding. Not only am I saving those who pay the bills a fortune but the environment too.
It's amazing how easy it is. Turn off the TV/Sky Box when you're not watching it, turn the PC's VDU off when you're not using it, don't run the laptop off the mains unless it needs charging, try and use candles rather than lights, it all contributes.

Maybe I was watching too many of those Climate Chaos shows on BBC though :p

Well they can use all the elctricity you want, 'coz you know what - We'll be paying for that.

And just for the record, I do have 2 air-condition machines, good working both in summer and winter.

And it aint healthy to air-condition on 20C when out-side is 40C, here 28C is out - we keep it on 26C. It's all about physics.

devon_metro

Established Member
Air con is environmentally unfriendly so if you have it scrap it :p

Nice warm weather, just a tad too hot though, but great for being out and about and taking photos. Had a cracking thunderstorm early monday morning!

Nick W

Established Member
Be Enviromentally friendly.

Don't use an air con, walk around naked.

Please remember to dress before leaving the house.

Julian G

Established Member
Nice weather today, not
I was forced to take my blazer off, my tie off (good, take the darn tie off! :)) and top button off! :)
and then what :o, it's starts raining, i wasn't even bothered to put the blazer back on, i put my hearing aids into my pocket, so they would be safe :)
that has been happening for 1 week so far

I wonder what tommorow will bring?

Guinness

Established Member
Started spitting a 1630 today. Sign for the end of the good weather over past couple of days. :(

David

Established Member
Apart from yesterday when it got very humid and muggy, I don't think it has been that bad. Today has been quite cold (IMO) compared to the past few days.

Jim

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Unlucky for you all w/out A/C. Were going upto 40C later this week, the A/C has been on 24/7 since mid April. Mentains a lovely 20C indoors.
Another example of how un eco friendly you lot can be. Do you know how much electric AC uses?

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Jim said:
Another example of how un eco friendly you lot can be. Do you know how much electric AC uses?
To be fair on the lad, you lot are all whinging because its 20 odd celsius> I've coped alright with the tempratures so far, but I think if it was closer to $0c I'd want air con as well thanks! ;)

1D53

Established Member
It's lovely and cool today. only bout 15 here today :D

Dennis

Established Member
You might want to be bit less keen to paddle in storm water, theres often all sorts of 5h1t in it. BTW - whats in the Horniman museum? - sounds intriguing.

Demps

Julian G said:
Give me clouds!!

same ere m8, its anoying, but i suppose ok with ahving the exams in such hot wether, on that day i only had maths calc, and done o.k on it, what u think ??

LondonBVE

Well here have a strange weather. From January to March it is freezing cold. From April to July it is hot and cold, morning hot, afternoon cold due to rain. From August to October it is cold and hot.
From November to December it is sometimes really hot till i almost melt. It never used to be like that until 2004, where from a rainy month became a real hot month.

Status
Not open for further replies.