• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warrington Freight times

Status
Not open for further replies.

windoze11

Lo has anyone got any info what timings freight goes through Warrington Low and High Level Please & also is there any place where ya can view low and high at the same time thanks going wednesday this week
cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

windoze11

Off this Week on Wednesday should be there bout 8am and stopping till late thanks . i also hear they do driver changes later on so maybe get some shots of them aswell

jp4712

http://www.opentraintimes.com/location/WBQ/2012/02/22/08:30

It's not easy to get to a single position where you can see both HL and LL stuff: but if you have binoculars, then if you come out of the station main entrance and turn right, then follow the road round to the left, after a hundred yards or so there's a minor road that leads up to a bridge over the LL line from which you can also - albeit at a distance - see the HL line.

Paul

windoze11

cheers
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
which is the lower Level Stuff - UG

Pen Mill

cheers
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
which is the lower Level Stuff - UG
As far as I know , only the Fiddlers Ferry traffic uses the low level line although I believe you can also see that "up top" too.

[Nostalgia] you used to be able to see the low level line from on the WCML platform . I don't know whether this is still possible.
Darned frustrating it was too as plenty of ex-LNWR Super D's used to come through and they didn't have smoke box number plates !" [/Nostalgia]

Last edited:
If you stand at the end of platform 2 ( London end ) and look across to your left you can see the traffic heading into Latchford, you will probably need binoculars. Most of Fiddlers Ferry stuff passes through Arpley but the odd one may just run round at Latchford and run to Liverpool/ Halewood /Garston via the low level line. If you stand on platform 1 where the low level runs under Bank Quay you will see most freight. unfortunately at the moment Bank Quay is a bit of a mess due to platform lengthening.

Freightmaster

Established Member
Off this Week on Wednesday should be there bout 8am and stopping till late thanks .
Good choice! :D

Wednesday is currently the busiest day of the week in the Warrington
area and 6S94 (the Antwerp to Irvine Chine clay) is booked to run this
week (it doesn't run every Wednesday).

However, please treat the freight timings on opentimes with caution
because it lists all the available paths, whether they actually run or not.

Freightmaster on the other hand, only lists freights which are actually
booked to run (I update the tables by hand each week), but because
of the huge amount of work involved to keep 100+ tables accurate and
up to date, it's not free I'm afraid...

MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.