• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warrington to Honiton

Status
Not open for further replies.

piccadilly

Good evening.

Following the excellent advice I had on this forum ,I had a very comfortable and enjoyable journey to from Honiton to Warrington

The stations were like ghost towns - Exeter and Birmingham.

I have an open return ticket, off peak and wish to travel back on Wednesday ,or Thursday next week.

I bought the ticket via Trainline.

Is it a matter of just turning up at Warrington on Wednesday morning with the hope of getting on a train - or should I reserve a seat?

If it is better to reserve a seat - could you kindly advise how I can do this!

Kind Regards and Thank You for your help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Good evening.

Following the excellent advice I had on this forum ,I had a very comfortable and enjoyable journey to Warrington from Honiton.

The stations were like ghost towns - Exeter and Birmingham.

I have an open return ticket, off peak and wish to travel back on Wednesday ,or Thursday next week.

I bought the ticket via Trainline.

Is it a matter of just turning up at Warrington on Wednesday morning with the hope of getting on a train - or should I reserve a seat?

If it is better to reserve a seat - could you kindly advise how I can do this!

Kind Regards and Thank You for your help.
The situation is exactly the same as with your outward journey - there is no obligation to obtain a seat reservation. You might like to get one just in case, and you can do this by contacting the customer services of the relevant TOCs, e.g. using Twitter.

For future reference, The Trainline charge a booking fee that you'll avoid if you buy through a TOC website.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Good that you had a hassle free journey.

A reservation for your return journey is preferable for peace of mind but not essential. If you are near a station ticket office (e.g. Honiton) they will be able to sort out a reservation for you if you show them your ticket.

piccadilly

Just one thing and thank you for your patience.

Sometimes on my intended day of return travel my mother can be ill and I need to make arrangements so I have to delay my return.Unsual ,but it has happened.

Once I have reserved a seat ,I presume I am committed to that ticket time and date?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Just one thing and thank you for your patience.

Sometimes on my intended day of return travel my mother can be ill and I need to make arrangements so I have to delay my return.Unsual ,but it has happened.

Once I have reserved a seat ,I presume I am committed to that ticket time and date?

No, not at all. You are quite ok to travel on any train permitted by your ticket. You can either ‘take your chance’ without a reservation or go back to the station and get a new one.

piccadilly

Hadders,thank you yet again - your knowledge and advice is of great help.

As I have said before ,our numerous ,often elderly, friends come down to Devon from Hertford and enjoy Devon ,rather than worrying about the train journey thanks to your straight forward route - my route had them going “all round the houses”

I should also like to thank “For the Love of” who is always very helpful and over the last 2 years has saved me over £500! whilst doing the Honiton - Warrington journey.

piccadilly

Just been to Warrington Station - a very helpful lady booked the seats in 30 seconds!

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.