• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warsaw to Vienna sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

racklam

I'll be taking this train next week, and was wondering if anyone on here had any experience of it? Anything to look out for on the journey?

My company is paying and I'm lucky enough to be in one of the 1 bed deluxe compartments with WC/shower. Has anyone been in one of these before?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
http://www.seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-Warsaw.htm#Warsaw_to_Vienna

Pictures here - it's a Polish car, and I've not used one, but it looks less cramped than the DB one I recently used (the Czech ones are identical). Not sure whether you get the nightcap or a decent breakfast on that run though.

Be aware there's a certain amount of shunting of portions en route. The formation is shown here and you'll spot that coaches are attached next to yours at Bohumín, so you'll get woken!
http://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/vlak.php?zeme=OeBB&kategorie=EN&cislo=PKPIC:14010/14011%20(407)|ČD:407|ÖBB:407&nazev=Chopin&rok=2016#v16705

As to what to see, it'll be dark through the mountainous bit, and the rest is pretty flat!

Gordon

Be aware there's a certain amount of shunting of portions en route. The formation is shown here and you'll spot that coaches are attached next to yours at Bohumín, so you'll get woken!

As to what to see, it'll be dark through the mountainous bit, and the rest is pretty flat!

It'll be dark most of the way in fact. Sunset in Warsaw is around the time the train departs. The sun will rise again during the 1 and a half hour (!) stop at Breclav. My guess is you'll wake uo at Breclav, because many (most?) people tend to wake up when night trains aren't moving because you lose the soperific effect of a moving train. So you might well see the scenery from Breclav to Wien, which is a bit flat...

Groningen

Established Member
There is a train from Vienna to Warsawa and also Budapest to Berlin. In Breclav carriages can go to the other train. Remember that the Berlin to Wien train has a stop of 2 hours in Breclev. From Wien and Budapest the stop in Breclev is only 30 minutes.

Veteran Member
Think you'll be pleased, apart from the rather early arrival in Wien (by UK standards).

Also, you have access to the Lounge at Hbf for a couple of hours after arrival, useful for WiFi and coffee/snack.

Groningen

Established Member
Arriving at 7 in the morning means that you have a whole day in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.