• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprog

Established Member
Howdy, i was browinsg through some old vidoe archives online, and i found a few wonderfull vidoes of WR Warship Hydraulic locomotives. I have always loved The Hydraulics, and im very enthusiastic about them, especially D1015.

MY question is, what future lies ahead for the two (??) preserved Warships :?:

Is there any chance of one of them returning ot NR along with its cousin 'Champ' to make a Hydraulic duo?? :idea:

Id love to see a Warship out and about on the mainline, where it belongs so i, and my 'generation' of enthusiasts' can get an idea of the might of these wonderfull locos!! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
Just one thing, D1015 is a Western, not a Warship. As for D1015, it is used on railtours, but it isn't out very often.

Sprog

Established Member
spm_43030 said:
I have always loved The Hydraulics , and im very enthusiastic about them, especially D1015.

Ok, 1) I know that 'Champ' is a Western/Wessie..and in that sentence, i was refering to the Hydraulic locos in general - Hymeks, Westerns and Warships.

2) I do know the differance, ty. Ive also been behind D1015 on a railtour, and if i didnt know what the '52s' where called befroe that (which i did :roll: ) considering the tour was called the 'The Western Heights', that wouldve kinda been a give-away..dont ya think!?? ;) :roll:

:idea: Shes used quite regularly on railtours, her last of 2005 being last week.

3) That post didnt answer my original question atall, in which i was asking for opinions/possiblites of the two presverved Warships (D821 and D832) ever returning to NR metals.... :idea:

1K73

Don't think D832 will do it again, shes happy enough pottering around here...D821 is unfortunately languishing at the Slack Valley, where, oddly, they don't have anyone passed to drive it! :shock:

David

Status
Not open for further replies.