• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Was I sold correct excess

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
On Wednesday 11th May, I did a trip from St Pancras to Brighton then back to London Victoria, the fares were quoted as £17.30 off peak run Brighton specific to St Pancras but not TOC, or £27.10 any permitted to London Terminals, I wanted to do the Gatwick Express back, and not wanting to pay the £10 extra for the any permitted I got the £17.30 and see what happen, when got to Brighton I went to excess ticket booth and after bit of discussion I was sold a £5.90 any Croydon stations to London Victoria add on ticket, but my train didn't stop East Croydon so should train stop East croydon, i.e. a split ticket or is it classed as another type and u don't need to stop, I checked with another Southern customer service assistant at Brighton and he said as sold by excess booth just get on train, I had no problems on train or ticket barriers at Victoria.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Avoiding the "is a ticket to London St Pancras, routed Not Underground, valid to London Victoria?" question for a moment, an 'off route to a new destination' excess is a new ticket that should comply with National Rail Conditions of Carriage Condition 19. That means a ticket from the last station the train actually stopped at where your ticket was still valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.