• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Was I sold correct excess

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
On Wednesday 11th May, I did a trip from St Pancras to Brighton then back to London Victoria, the fares were quoted as £17.30 off peak run Brighton specific to St Pancras but not TOC, or £27.10 any permitted to London Terminals, I wanted to do the Gatwick Express back, and not wanting to pay the £10 extra for the any permitted I got the £17.30 and see what happen, when got to Brighton I went to excess ticket booth and after bit of discussion I was sold a £5.90 any Croydon stations to London Victoria add on ticket, but my train didn't stop East Croydon so should train stop East croydon, i.e. a split ticket or is it classed as another type and u don't need to stop, I checked with another Southern customer service assistant at Brighton and he said as sold by excess booth just get on train, I had no problems on train or ticket barriers at Victoria.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Avoiding the "is a ticket to London St Pancras, routed Not Underground, valid to London Victoria?" question for a moment, an 'off route to a new destination' excess is a new ticket that should comply with National Rail Conditions of Carriage Condition 19. That means a ticket from the last station the train actually stopped at where your ticket was still valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.