• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Was there a problem between London and Crewe today (London Midland)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn1975

Hi all,

We were hoping to travel on 1U33 London Midland service from Atherstone to Tamworth today, due ATH at 1322 but didn't arrive until well past 1400 (possibly 1419 but not sure) (I think it was unit 350 113).

Just wondering if anyone knows what the problem was?

Also, as we are planning on making similar journeys in the future, does anyone know how reliable the London Midland Crewe-London-Crewe services are, especially during the middle of the day, say between 1200 and 1600?

Many thanks,

Steve.

Edit: forgot to include date in subject - may be helpful - Wednesday, 23rd May 2012.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All Line Rover

Established Member
I'm afraid I don't know what caused the delay to that specific service, but on the whole, my experience of the LM Trent Valley stopper is that it is usually on time, give or take a few minutes at intermediate stations. Unfortunately, whenever there is disruption Virgin always seem to get priority, causing further delays to the LM service.

Looking on the bright side, LM have an excellent Delay Repay policy, so if you are ever delayed by more than 30 minutes you can look forward to a lovely full or partial refund by submitting a claim here. :D

Ivo

Established Member
I can't say why but this delay occurred around Nuneaton. It lost 12 minutes at Nuneaton itself and another ~30 between Nuneaton and Atherstone.

No other service in the area appears to have been affected at the time in question, and the unit is running to timetable on its return working.

tsr

Established Member
I have heard that this delay was due to a problem related to the infrastructure (possibly signals). How true this is I do not know!

Lrd

Established Member
It could have been saggy wires thanks to the heat.

It could have been anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.