• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Water Orton & Tyseley 19/11/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewmay

A frosty morning last Saturday provoked me to make use of it so I went down to Water Orton for a few photos including a 60 and a few 66's with the frost still in situ. After not many trains down there I decided to go to Tyseley museum and took some photos down there of the locos in the setting sun.

http://midlandrailpics.fotopic.net/c772364.html

Cheers,
Andrew

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AJP

Great pics, Was that yesterday as I saw 66709 on the Selby to Felixstowe container :?

andrewmay

Thanks alot for the compliments. I went to Water Orton on Saturday so probably not the same train you saw.

Cheers,
Andrew

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Isn't there a Cotswold HST set there? Or has that moved? Same with one at Oxley IIRC, which I couldn't see on Tuesday, but then there was truckloads of numbers I couldn't note down! Sooo many 87s, so many carriage numbers I could have done with...

AlexS, if you're reading this, I could do with your help re: what is actually is Oxley!

EDIT: Glad to know 50017 is viewable from publically accessible places then. I could do with going to Tyseley some time soon.

Also, nice shots. Can I assume Water Orton is reasonable for freight action then?

andrewmay

The Cotswold Rail HST set was there on the Friday, one day before I went, but it had dissapeared when I arrived on the Saturday. Water Orton is excellent for freight on a weekday but only consists of 66's and 60's usually. Oxley is the name of a place that the depot lies in by the way.

Cheers,
Andrew

Techniquest

Veteran Member
My book refers to Oxley as the depot just west of Wolverhampton, as does my atlas, that's the one I mean.

Re: Water Orton, I'll have to check it out sometime then.

Status
Not open for further replies.