• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waterloo delays again. This time knock on until 1400 (22/03)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antman

Established Member
I see overrunning engineering works have closed Waterloo down for a Friday. Anyone know why? If it’s overrunning by eight hours (they suggest it’ll be open by 1400) then presumably something happened untoward during the night....

Sadly, as ever, SWR Is getting the flak from the public for NR again....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
A pair of operational irregularities, one at Northam depot delaying movements and one involving the electrical control room at Raynes Park which meant most of the inner area was stuck under engineering possession with trains unable to leave depots until relief staff arrived.

pdeaves

Established Member
Much disruption because trains couldn't leave depots.

It appears to have been triggered by a possession irregularity and needing to source an alternative member of staff.

ABDeltic

I was on 1L18 which arrived 15 late. It must be getting better because West of England trains are usually terminated at Basingstoke in disruption.

OneOffDave

At FNB this morning it seemed that everything on the fast lines was running as usual with delays/cancellations on the stopping services and semi-fasts. I caught 2L18 which was only about 4 late but it was only the 2nd train to have stopped this morning

Monty

Established Member
My first train into Waterloo was about 17 late and the return working left about 10 down. Hopefully it won't get any worse then that..

LowLevel

Established Member
What were those?

I've been deliberately vague while trying to provide a flavour as I don't wish to leave myself open to accusations of publishing internal information not for public consumption. Both incidents are also under investigation so it's not really fair to go into detail while the facts are still be ascertained.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I've been deliberately vague while trying to provide a flavour as I don't wish to leave myself open to accusations of publishing internal information not for public consumption. Both incidents are also under investigation so it's not really fair to go into detail while the facts are still be ascertained.
Without wishing to knwo all the facts, was it an engineering ppocession where the problem occurred.

Unfortunately one of the engineering trains needed to reverse at platform 1, Woking around 8:5} today. This took some time and blocked platform 1. At this point platform 2, 3 and 4 were blocked with trains awaiting members of train crew. Platform 5 had a trjan out of service. Eventually this left, allowing an Dzter trjan to arrive with staff to remove the train blocking platform 2.

This added 20 minutes onto some trains delays. So a 34 minute delay became 54 minutes. The train in question, Alton to Waterloo, was also stuck between Brookwood and Woking. 8 thought they preferred trains to be delayed at platforms rtwhee than between stations.

Still spare a thought of those on the Cobham line. There was a 2 hour and 43 minute gap between heading services north. Lovely.

I do wonder if when referring to delays of up to 60 minutes they could change the eroding to be delays of up to 60 minutes on a single train, once you are on board.

They might be able to word it more succinctly 9r understandanle then I've managed in my brief attempt.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Still delays tonight, beyond 18:00 but obviously not enough to warrant a disruption notice, as it's been taken down. Notes are now just against each train affected.

infobleep

Veteran Member
South Western Railway said an hour ago tgat the disruption had now ened.

Well it hasn't and whilst I appreciate they may want to get rid of the disruption notice, as not enough trains are affected to warrant one, I don't recommend saying its ended, as one is open to ridicul from the travelling public.

✅ *FINAL 22/03* Disruption caused by earlier engineering works not being finished on time at London Waterloo has now ended. Services are no longer affected by this problem. Check your journey here: https://t.co/zm7UrSri53
https://twitter.com/SW_Help/status/1109140043883597825?s=19

Note I have seen 6 trains running with notices above their online train running info saying they are delayed due to earlier overrunning engineering works. There will be more than this I am sure but it's all I've seen myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.