• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waterloo East - Ramsgate (Permitted Routes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacw

Is anyone able to help me with the following? (I struggle to use the routing guide)

If I buy a Waterloo East to Ramsgate ticket, can I go via the following stations (to enable me to visit several places in Kent, and ideally leave the station)

Waterloo East - Margate - Ramsgate - Cantebury West - Cantebury East - Dover Priory - Folkestone Central - Ashford International - Maidstone East - Waterloo East

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
The outbound route is definitely fine as it's the shortest route. Let me have a look at the way back; at first glance it looks a bit roundabout.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
OK, that route back isn't valid; it's not on any of the several map options for the journey. It's possible there might be an alternative ticket such as London Terminals to Canterbury Stns which would cover you though (haven't checked that just yet).

soil

Established Member
London Terminals to Dover Priory works fine outbound.

It's 3.76 miles over shortest distance on the return. It's valid Dover Priory - Folkestone Central - Ashford International-Sevenoaks - Waterloo East, but you might not get away with the route Dover Priory - Folkestone Central - Ashford International - Maidstone East - Waterloo East, as it is 0.76 miles too long. Probably would get away with it though.

Last edited:

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you choose a weekend where Tonbridge services are diverted via Maidstone East (probably will have to wait until the Olympics and Parlympics finish), then the return journey would be valid as it would be a direct train :)

TheJRB

Established Member
London Terminals to Dover Priory works fine outbound.

It's 3.76 miles over shortest distance on the return. It's valid Dover Priory - Folkestone Central - Ashford International-Sevenoaks - Waterloo East, but you might not get away with the route Dover Priory - Folkestone Central - Ashford International - Maidstone East - Waterloo East, as it is 0.76 miles too long. Probably would get away with it though.
Ramsgate to London via Maidstone East is permitted by map LL. Curiously though, when National Rail Enquiries is asked for tickets for London Terminals to Dover Priory or Ramsgate via Maidstone East, it requires multiple tickets and yet when you enter London Terminals to Folkestone Central via Maidstone East it gives you one ticket for the lot. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.