• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Watford to Rugby Screenshots availible for viewing at RSR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Jesus Christ! How good are they! I think this route will be the most realistic route EVER made for BVE! It looks like MSTS!!!! :D :D :D

Lewisham2221

Established Member
It seems like we say it every time screenshots of a new route are released, but those screenshots are fantasic. I can't wait for this route to be released.

Harold

RichardH said:
Jesus Christ! How good are they! I think this route will be the most realistic route EVER made for BVE! It looks like MSTS!!!! :D :D :D

don't you mean, it looks BETTER and IS better than MSTS :D ;)

The Snap

Established Member
I do, I do! :D :D :D MSTS us difficult to use, and create add-ons for, so for Anthony to create such an EXCELLENT add on is a great acheivment. (One could say that he could sell it, but that takes the 'sting' out of BVE!)

Guinness

Established Member
The Screenshots are Excellent - But theres alway a downside :(

RSR Above Each Screenshot said:
All screenshots are scaled down from either 1024x768 or 1280x1024 pixels, and were taken with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering enabled.

Note: The Watford Junction to Rugby project is a work in progress, therefore what you see in these screenshots may be incomplete, or may be altered or replaced in the final release.

BVE currently has some difficulty rendering the scenes depicted in these screenshots at acceptable framerates, and BVE v4 in particular has greater difficulty, due mainly to the extensive use of high resolution textures, and the sheer number of 3D objects placed along the route. The final route will have to contain less detail, closer to that seen in Cross-City South v1.3. These screenshots just demonstrate how realistic a route can be made to look. Additional screenshots showing the actual level of detail most users will be using will be added after further experimentation.

Despite that it is a excellent effort by Anthony for those Realistic Pictures :)

Jim

Established Member
Mr Bowden, Stop taking pics & make it. :shock: that is the made thing. Serious I thought I was looking at pics then

Nick

Shame we'll never get to drive them in that state :x

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
excellent stuff again mr. bowden, I really don't think it could get much better!

Coxster

Established Member
Nick said:
I'd much rather have it Cross City v1.3 standard than drive with 2frps.

andrewmay

I thought I was looking at photos when I saw those screenshots! Another great route for BVE in the making. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Andrew

wumpty

Coxster said:
Nick said:
I'd much rather have it Cross City v1.3 standard than drive with 2frps.

Yes, but it would be nicer to have both versions! One to drive and one to look at in trackviewer mode and drool at.

Very nice work again Mr B, your skills and patience astound me!

Status
Not open for further replies.