• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waverley to Haymarket

Status
Not open for further replies.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I'm on the 10:30 ex Kings Cross to Waverley.

My ticket is to Edinburgh* and the TM said it was valid to Haymarket.

However I've just looked at train times and there are plenty of options but I didn't ask him about TOC validity.

Any clues folks?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
I'm on the 10:30 ex Kings Cross to Waverley.

My ticket is to Edinburgh* and the TM said it was valid to Haymarket.

However I've just looked at train times and there are plenty of options but I didn't ask him about TOC validity.

Any clues folks?
There is a general understanding that tickets to Waverley are valid at Haymarket. You won't get any hassle even if the ticket doesn't open the barrier. There won't be a ticket check between the two stations either.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
There is a general understanding that tickets to Waverley are valid at Haymarket. You won't get any hassle even if the ticket doesn't open the barrier. There won't be a ticket check between the two stations either.

Even those nasty buggers on Cross Country?

I have to get off this VTEC

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Officially it's not valid but unofficially Edinburgh tickets are accepted at Haymarket.

island

Veteran Member
Edinburgh and Haymarket tickets are interchangeable by local agreement.

ian1944

Some TPE trains, and maybe others, aren't advertised at Waverley as calling at Haymarket as the stop is only to pickup, so technically would be unavailable for the transfer. I find it highly unlikely, though, that any problem would arise from using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.