• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waves smash train windows at Dawlish

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Isn't the 143 in question, 143603, destined for preservation?

Its is at Swindon and Cricklade.

Could windows from the withdrawn 142's fit in the 143's? If they do then GWR are covered, they just need to do a TfW and take in a handful of 142's as spare parts units mostly for the glass. Unless the windows were replaced with sheets of perspex.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation

Could windows from the withdrawn 142's fit in the 143's? If they do then GWR are covered, they just need to do a TfW and take in a handful of 142's as spare parts units mostly for the glass. Unless the windows were replaced with sheets of perspex.
143603 no longer planned to be preserved according to a post elsewhere - another unit to be selected.

greatvoyager

Established Member

I'm not sure, I think that the windows on 142s/143s are slightly different but am happy to be corrected if someone knows for sure.

SteveyBee131

I'm not sure, I think that the windows on 142s/143s are slightly different but am happy to be corrected if someone knows for sure.
After looking at some pictures from over the years, I think 142 and 144 windows are different. 143s are same as 144s above the solebar, so I think it's safe to conclude they aren't interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.