• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

wbq to paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

a22book

hi,

I am planning a trip from warrington to paris via the eurostar.

If I use the eurostar site the cheapest tickets I can find for 2 adults is about 230 pounds. However If I book seperate tickets I can get this down quite a bit about 160 pounds.

My question is, if My wbq to euston is delayed or cancelled and I miss my eurostar can I get a transfer to a different train, as to get the cheapest tickets I would have to book an advance non flexible fare.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
To be totally guaranteed connections buy a ticket to London International (CIV).

A ' EURO HIGH SVR ' single is £33.20 this is valid for any train arriving EUS at 0940 or later. From London it is valid from 0915 onwards including throughout the evening peak.

Advance fares start from (theoretically) £8 each way.

Any ticket to London International covers you, guaranteed, for onward travel for an international journey, and vice-versa.

It also includes travel on London Underground if you'd rather go up and down escalators instead of a 10 min walk!

charley_17/7

Searching for fares on the VT website, 'London International CIV' is listed as '5470London International', or 'LNE' as the NLC.

Interestingly, London Midland fail to recognise either on theirs, despite 'advertising' the through fares on their website.

It always seems better/cheaper to split tickets, especially if you get the £59 returns, or have PRIV/TOCNE, rather than the through fares. Manchester - Paris is there, but Brussels and Amsterdam aren't (even Amsterdam from St Pancras/Ebbsfleet)!

Perhaps they wonder why people fly (from up north)!

Status
Not open for further replies.