• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML disruption near MKC 8/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

oversteer

Apparently all lines except down fast blocked with OHLE damage and a failed freight train near Bletchley...
Euston is chaotic and everything is delayed. Avoid!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mallard

Established Member
London Midland is recommending people use EMT and Chiltern instead. Interestingly they're recommending passengers for Northampton go to Wellingborough; not sure if they're running a bus or if they think Wellingborough is "close enough"...

calc7

Established Member
London Midland is recommending people use EMT and Chiltern instead. Interestingly they're recommending passengers for Northampton go to Wellingborough; not sure if they're running a bus or if they think Wellingborough is "close enough"...

Soon after the Bletchley derailment earlier in the year, passengers for Northampton were recommended to get EMT to Wellingborough and told to get their own cabs and send in the receipts!

fsmr

ooo
I cannot wait until the midland mainline is electrified to Leicester and beyond:roll:
seems to be a fairly unreliable system IMHO or is it because it was done on the cheap

ushawk

Established Member
ooo
I cannot wait until the midland mainline is electrified to Leicester and beyond:roll:
seems to be a fairly unreliable system IMHO or is it because it was done on the cheap

De-wirements could occur for any reason, not because the line was electrified on the cheap. If anything the WCML was electrified properly, unlike the ECML.

Lrd

Established Member
Soon after the Bletchley derailment earlier in the year, passengers for Northampton were recommended to get EMT to Wellingborough and told to get their own cabs and send in the receipts!
LM Twitter said they are getting buses for Wellingborough to Northampton.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Wires down, failed 90 and a Pendo sat down to boot. Only US open.

If anyone wants the Olympic skip services, they're being mobilised for this evening out of Euston.

Utter farce.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Wires down, failed 90 and a Pendo sat down to boot. Only US open.

If anyone wants the Olympic skip services, they're being mobilised for this evening out of Euston.

Utter farce.

porqoui?

It is not ideal (obviously!!!!!) but utter farce?

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
ooo

Sorry - i don't understand what you are talking about. Please expand & explain.

tcm1106

The current plan involves a BTET on the Up Fast all day tomorrow. Could be interesting...

xolotl

Got caught up in this mess on the 1815 MAN-EUS. From what I saw when going past MKC 390028 had been involved with the wires coming down and had to be rescued (by a Cl 57?). The wires were a right mess and, from what I could see, one of the pantographs on 390028 was damaged as well.

krisk

Ok I stand corrected, there's no 23.30 as I now discovered.

Currently on delayed 00.30

ole man

All the equipment at MK is up to date UK1, and certainly wasn't done of the cheap, the most likely reason is going to be balance weight failure, the tempartures in this country give the Balance weight's a good working out.
A major rip down causes a lot of problems that is dependant on the speed of the train, the loco at Bletchley that de-railed earlier this year did'nt cause that much damage to the OHLE.

Pumbaa

Established Member
2 LHCS were used in the end. No idea what it's like this morning. About to find out...

Ferret

Established Member
I'm sat with one of the guys from West Coast Control atm on a day out! He's sure picked a good day to have off!!!

calc7

Established Member
Usual contingency timetable in force by the looks of it, running 2tph to/from BHM and MAN:
From EUS: shift the 03 RUG stop into the 23 and the 20 MKC stop into the 00
From MAN: shift the 15 MKC stop into the 35
From BHM: shift the 50 RUG stop into the 10

dk1

Veteran Member
Usual thinning out on the EBW & Manchester routes & a few carefully planned capes, but apart from that thing working quite well into Euston at the moment with the worst delay being the 09.04 arrival from Glasgow which is expected 8 minutes late.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Our guard/train manager on the 07:30 Birmingham - Euston today made a big thing of apologising for arriving 7 minutes late at Euston due to the disruption today, not something that I thought was entirely necessary as our arrival time was little different to what it is about 50% of the time!

Other than a slowing of pace where we diverted onto the slow lines between Wolverton and Bletchley, there was little hint of the service being affected at all :)

calc7

Established Member
Our guard/train manager on the 07:30 Birmingham - Euston today made a big thing of apologising for arriving 7 minutes late at Euston due to the disruption today, not something that I thought was entirely necessary as our arrival time was little different to what it is about 50% of the time!

Other than a slowing of pace where we diverted onto the slow lines between Wolverton and Bletchley, there was little hint of the service being affected at all :)

True, the MAN and BHM morning headliners rarely arrive at their scheduled times anyway!

MK Tom

Established Member
Can someone explain to me the complete procedure for alternative routes when this happens on the southern WCML? The time a suicide at Harrow blocked everything out of Euston in April 2010 I was sent home via Bedford and Bletchley, which makes sense to me. People for Watford were being sent up the Met, Rugby and beyond via Chiltern to Leamington or FGW to Reading and XC from there to Cov and beyond. All makes sense, as does Nuneaton via Leicester and Manchester via Sheffield. All good.

But what do they do for other stations? People for Hemel were being sent to Chesham... Aylesbury for Tring and Cheddington... Wellingborough for Northampton. They can't lay on buses for all of those - so what is the standard procedure? Have I correctly described it above?

Status
Not open for further replies.