• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML problems @ Rugeley Trent Valley. 1/4/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter0124

Established Member
Looks like services are being diverted around the Birmingham area, can see 1H35 heading through Perry Barr on signalling maps.

Kite159

Veteran Member
ECML yesterday, WCML tonight, not a good couple days for the railway

I can sense fun and games for me coming up later (heading towards Stockport)!

High Dyke

Established Member
ECML yesterday, WCML tonight, not a good couple days for the railway

I can sense fun and games for me coming up later (heading towards Stockport)!
I'm supposed to be travelling through the affected area tomorrow morning. I'll see how things go.

chesterred16

I was on the 1507 Euston to Liverpool and we ran as normal to Stafford, then stopped a couple of miles north of there for around half an hour - all other lines seemed to be running normally. The guard did announce OHLE issues but then we restarted and ran as normal. Got to Crewe about 33 down. Maybe we had a lucky escape.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I was on the 1507 Euston to Liverpool and we ran as normal to Stafford, then stopped a couple of miles north of there for around half an hour - all other lines seemed to be running normally. The guard did announce OHLE issues but then we restarted and ran as normal. Got to Crewe about 33 down. Maybe we had a lucky escape.
15:30 Euston to Glasgow was terminated at Crewe well over 2 hours late.

Welshman

Established Member
My wife was caught up in this. Boarded 1810 Euston-Holyhead. Had a Grand Tour of outskirts of Birmingham. Now expected home 62 minutes late.

Delay repay, here we come! She would have preferred to be home on time, though.

Kite159

Veteran Member
On the 21:36 London to Manchester train (did ask if I could board the late boarding 20:40 train due to the delay to this train (no staff) but was turned down.

I wonder if it will go via the Birmingham area or will the mainline via the Trent Valley have reopened for northbound traffic by the time this gets to to Rugby.

-----

Edit - lost more time due to a track circuit failure via Weedon but thankfully going via the Trent Valley.

Last edited:

dangie

Established Member
Still no trains stopping at Rugeley Trent Valley and according to reports all day. Chase Line terminating at Hednesford.
Must be quite a big job.

zwk500

Veteran Member
Still no trains stopping at Rugeley Trent Valley and according to reports all day. Chase Line terminating at Hednesford.
Must be quite a big job.
They'll have just tied the OLE back to get the Down Fast open, then use the already planned closure tonight to do the repairs. Was a few hundred yards of wire taken out.

Status
Not open for further replies.