• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML problems tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Engineer

Hi, can anyone terll me what's going on with trains out of Euston tonight? Arrivals are late, 19:20 Birmingham cancelled. I'm on the 19:30 Glasgow. Stock was late (stepped up) but left on time. All trains on the slows to just before Berkhampstead (up & down). Something stopped on the up near Aspley - could be a Voyager (seemed too short for a Pendolino and wasn't green! Any knowledge??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
According to the LM Twitter feed:

"Due to a technical fault on a VT service at Kings Langley, @londonmidland & @virgintrains Euston-bound services being delayed by congestion."

So yes, most likely a Voyager! :P

Ibex

390 001 working 1B74 17:30 Birmingham New Street to London Euston, stood one signal north of Kings Langley for 70 minutes on the up fast with defective brakes on coach E. Services diverted from the fast to the slow at Bourne End, and back to the fast at Watford.

A rotational test was carried out at 19:09 and the driver was unable to release the brakes. The down slow was then blocked to allow the driver to manually isolate the parking brakes on that side of the train, and then the same on the down fast, diverting services onto the alternative lines.

At 19:52 the unit moved forward to Watford Junction where the train was terminated 82 minutes late. The unit then went forward to Euston (driver only and passengerless) as 5B74, and then on to Wembley depot.

At 20:16 1A16 17:37 Lancaster to London Euston called additionally at Watford Junction to collect the detrained passengers. Normal working was then resumed.

Crossover

Established Member
390001 seemed to be back to full health again yesterday (Thursday) as I saw it arrive into new St at around 1830

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Not worth a new thread really but thought I'd tag it onto here - looks like the WCML has gone up the swanny again! Electrical supply issues at Bletchley - initial estimations were to have things sorted by half 12....that has now changed to 3 - time will tell!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.