• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML Saturday 10 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

1B85

Was going north to Edinburgh later. All websites saying trains are being cancelled at Carlisle. Is there bus transport laid on so I can complete the journey?

I have an anytime single and am breaking my journey with the legs split over two days (ticket says valid 9 and 10 Aug) - how does delay repay work in this case?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Was going north to Edinburgh later. All websites saying trains are being cancelled at Carlisle. Is there bus transport laid on so I can complete the journey?
See staff at the station; depending on where you are travelling from you might be advised to take an alternative route as ticket acceptance is in place. Alternatively you can travel tomorrow. The line appears to have reopened but disruption is still occurring.

See https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/228486.aspx
Virgin Trains are advising passengers not to travel north of Carlisle today due to heavy rain flooding the railway between Carlisle and Lockerbie. This is on Police advice as road transport cannot be guaranteed. Due to extensive disruption on the network today, any Virgin Trains customers who would prefer to postpone their travel can use their tickets on Virgin Trains services tomorrow (Sunday 11 August). A full refund will be available to those who choose not to travel
I have an anytime single and am breaking my journey with the legs split over two days (ticket says valid 9 and 10 Aug) - how does delay repay work in this case?
It would be difficult to calculate, but your best bet is write to them with an explanation of what happened after your journey has been completed.

The downside is that, in my experience, this tends to lengthen the time you will be waiting for compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.