• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash39

Established Member
Thinking of heading over tomorrow as I've got no plans,not been for years. Will there be much running with it being bank holiday? I'm driving as Ive left it too late to get a cheap ticket. Which station is good,I used to like Preston but thinking Crewe might be busier.

Any 92s booked to run? Never seen one believe it or not
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Forgot to say, I'm from york so euston or Glasgow not suitable!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John55

Thinking of heading over tomorrow as I've got no plans,not been for years. Will there be much running with it being bank holiday? I'm driving as Ive left it too late to get a cheap ticket. Which station is good,I used to like Preston but thinking Crewe might be busier.

Any 92s booked to run? Never seen one believe it or not
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Forgot to say, I'm from york so euston or Glasgow not suitable!

Look at the engineering work listings as there were precious few trains today and tomorrow am is also bad.

sonic2009

Established Member
I'm not sure in terms of freight, but Crewe will be busy with passenger trains around about 12pm, the works scheduled for tomorrow in the crewe area are due to finish around 11am.

ash39

Established Member
Thanks John and sonic. Used to love sonic as a kid! Good times.

If anyone can help with the freight by mid morning tomorrow that'd be great. 90% sure ill go, or if not might just stay local instead.

ash39

Established Member
Not great mark! Hit loads of traffic, so after I'd finished in Liverpool I didn't have long so called at Warrington bank quay... saw 390045 and a freightliner 66 absolutely flying through with loaded coal, quite a spectacle for a shed! Left a nice oily smell too. Didn't hang around as i had my 1yr old with me,and it was pouring down. need to plan a proper trip on my own, maybe at the weekend.

On another note,do you know of any regular 60 hauled trains in the Yorkshire area? Used to see the old tilcon quarry train from my science block at school, remember them well but not many about these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.