• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
43000 said:
well, you can't expect an 18 years old that only read books (and i m sure watch TV and play games and take his knowledge from it, altough he says he doesn't) to know that in actual fact - the AK doesn't get rusted (and in case it does - it can shoot anyway)

IIRC I did say I have *some* experience with live weapons. Next time I go over to the states my uncle is going to try and organise some live firing sessions for me with the military unit on his base.

Oh and no I'm not going to reveal his name, rank and location. I'm not THAT stupid :roll:

Brother TicketMan, IIRC the AK47 is mainly steel pressings.. of course I don't know the EXACT materials used but there we go!

43000.. no I did not take my knowledge from games and TV THANK YOU. I know what sources my knowledge came from, you don't.

Also you talk about experience when you did 2 years in the service. My uncle was in the British Army for 12 years, and my dad for 9. My family also has a military history, including my grandfather who fought in World War Two (he fought in Africa and stormed the beaches at Normandy) and my great great Uncles who were sadly killed at the Somme (1916) and Paschendale.

I may not have the "experience" but one thing I mentioned in a previous post was that I gave up weapons 2 years ago because I now find them BORING.

Plus one more thing.. this thread is about weapons themselves. Not whether I have "experience" or not.. Back on topic please!! :roll: :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

50149 said:
IIRC I did say I have *some* experience with live weapons. Next time I go over to the states my uncle is going to try and organise some live firing sessions for me with the military unit on his base.

Oh and no I'm not going to reveal his name, rank and location. I'm not THAT stupid :roll:

Brother TicketMan, IIRC the AK47 is mainly steel pressings.. of course I don't know the EXACT materials used but there we go!

43000.. no I did not take my knowledge from games and TV THANK YOU. I know what sources my knowledge came from, you don't.

Also you talk about experience when you did 2 years in the service. My uncle was in the British Army for 12 years, and my dad for 9. My family also has a military history, including my grandfather who fought in World War Two (he fought in Africa and stormed the beaches at Normandy) and my great great Uncles who were sadly killed at the Somme (1916) and Paschendale.

I may not have the "experience" but one thing I mentioned in a previous post was that I gave up weapons 2 years ago because I now find them BORING.

Plus one more thing.. this thread is about weapons themselves. Not whether I have "experience" or not.. Back on topic please!! :roll: :roll:

well, that's my last post on this thread about this subject. had enough. it's ridiculous to argue with your off topic stories about your uncles and dad etc......
to make clear one thing - i've never said i served 2 years in the army. i served 4 years but 2 of them i used an AK47.

good luck on the stats.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Uhh.. DUH I know what people are like dumbass!!

I've had people ask me before and I am reluctant to give away his details(ESPECIALLY on a PUBLIC forum) because he is high up on the chain.

Anyway YOU started this off-topic-ness by bleating on about my "lack of experience".

Reality check.. NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE IN THE ARMY!!!

Someone delete this thread!! I've had enough of this bull****

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Technically he didn't start it, as this thread stems from a few posts made in a different topic that were deemed off-topic, so split to create a new thread.

Can we also please cut down on the insults, I've tidied a few of them away, Thanks :)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
I started the thread about weapons.
43000 took it off-topic (:roll:) by bleating on about lack of experience..

And ikar, stfu, you know what you and 43000 have similar posting styles, I wouldnt exactly be surprised if you were the same person ;)

I could be wrong of course.. judging by my "lack of experience" :roll:

ikar

50149 said:
And ikar, stfu, you know what you and 43000 have similar posting styles, I wouldnt exactly be surprised if you were the same person ;)

Hmm, If you compare our posts elsewhere, you'll see that they aren't posted by "the same person". Two people have the same opinion now they're being acused to be the same :roll:.

Tom B

Established Member
ikar and 43000 are not the same person, fact.

Nick W

Established Member
Reality check.. NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE IN THE ARMY!!!

No way!
We don't want war
can't take no more.

Think of what else we could do with the money that goes to the army. Instead of making things to kill we could develop the HST2 early and make some more 140mph or even 200mph lines, and make freight lines that by-pass towns.

Demps

numerous accounts of soviet pact countries i.e the chinese replica type 56, all the same different wood lol others are third world countries replicas, pakistan etc.

that was for a quote from who ever asked what replicas
[EDIT]
weapons of mass destruction lol !, one answer; A-BOMB, now drop one of hose onto iraq that shoudl sort it out, oh and dont forget iran and afghanoistan, and while were the matter africa pakistan lol, no am only joking. Not very poilitcially correct.

Sprog

Established Member
Nick W said:
No way!
We don't want war
can't take no more.

Think of what else we could do with the money that goes to the army. Instead of making things to kill we could develop the HST2 early and make some more 140mph or even 200mph lines, and make freight lines that by-pass towns.

*sighs*

:rolleyes:

T

Tom

Nick actually has a good idea there, the Iraq war was illegal IMO and the money could have been pumped into transport, not that the DfT would have passed the extra rail links, etc.

Tom B

Established Member
It would probarbly have gone to provide something the politicians think is good in transport - such as yet another batch of new London buses, or another fare cut on TfL...

TicketMan

Tom said:
Nick actually has a good idea there, the Iraq war was illegal IMO and the money could have been pumped into transport, not that the DfT would have passed the extra rail links, etc.

How can war be illegal? The very idea that a legal framework can apply to something like war is ludicrus. War crimes are a totally different concept.

TicketMan

No point? Reality check - all war is pointless. it is the single most futile and destructive entity the human race has created. However, regardless of the reasons for goin to war, and the 'legality' of it, an evil dictator was removed from power...

Nitro

Back on topic... 43000 you come from Israel right, why didnt you use the Galil when you served in the army?

Nitro said:
Back on topic... 43000 you come from Israel right, why didnt you use the Galil when you served in the army?

during my 4 years i used few kinds of weapon include the Galil, the short version of the Galil, AK47, M-16, short M-16 (also with M-203) and also the new Israeli development - the Tavor.

Table 52

TicketMan said:
No point? Reality check - all war is pointless. it is the single most futile and destructive entity the human race has created. However, regardless of the reasons for goin to war, and the 'legality' of it, an evil dictator was removed from power...

I think I've just realised the joke in here <D

Status
Not open for further replies.