• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Nitro said:
1. My Avatar shows 2 Ak47s which are assault rifles and not machine guns!
2. Whats wrong with my 50 Cent signatures? The reason I dont like this idea is because its pointless!!

What he forgot to mention is that AK47s are like, the crappest weapons ever made man.. they're NAFF! Gimme a G36KE or G36E with an AG36 40mm grenade launcher and 100-round double-drum Beta-C mag and gimme a lil bit of silence so I can proudly proclaim..

"who's yo' daddeh!?" :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

AKs arent Naff, their design has been used on lots of weapons nowadays incuding the M4A1 M16 even the G36E which all have banana clips and more or less the same design!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
So you're saying that all weapons that have the so-called "banana clip" were based on the AK47?

:roll: Mate you need to buy a book on automatic weapons as you're seriously lacking in the knowledge section.. :roll:

And also a little fact is that the AK47 was just a rip-off of the WW2 German MP44/Sturmgewehr 43 design, which was the worlds first true "assault rifle".

5-2 Sam ;)

Nitro

50149 said:
So you're saying that all weapons that have the so-called "banana clip" were based on the AK47?

:roll: Mate you need to buy a book on automatic weapons as you're seriously lacking in the knowledge section.. :roll:

And also a little fact is that the AK47 was just a rip-off of the WW2 German MP44/Sturmgewehr 43 design, which was the worlds first true "assault rifle".

5-2 Sam ;)

Your right I do lack knowledge only because all the stuff I know came from me playing CS anyway. I know that the the AK came from MP44 because I have MOHAA and I ve used it but still prefer the AK ;). MP44 is the official name as Hitler didnt want a new 'rifle' so the designer disquised it as a SMG and made it the MP44!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
God.. you don't learn things from video games mate.. they're mostly full of crap anyway.

Get yourself some books!!! Learn the real stuff! Like I did! Til I realised guns are boring :D

One thing too.. the M4A1 and the M16 are exactly the same, the M4A1 is only an updated "carbine" version with a shorter barrel which was derived from the XM177E2 prototype made for the Vietnam conflict :)

Of course it has all the features of the M16A2 body, also with the SOPMOD body it has a detachable D-handle for mounting optic sights and also an optional front grip which has 4 R.I.S rails for mounting laser aimers, foregrips, the M203 grenade launcher, torches, you name it! :)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Hey, Sproggy, as FPSDoug would say.. (slightly modified)

"I OWNED!" :lol:

And mojo he started it :( only kidding bud :)

TicketMan

He did - i saw it - i'll be a witness to this oppression by the evil Brother Nitro

I got shot by an air rifle once - it bloody well hurt too...

Sprog

Established Member
TicketMan said:
He did - i saw it - i'll be a witness to this oppression by the evil Brother Nitro

HAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, :oops:..it must have been a very trumatising experiance for you! :shock: :(

*sniggers* ;)

TicketMan

It was okay tho - I had my pistol and shot him back - we was playing war in the woods near where I lived - and we all had air pistols or rifles - looking back probably wasn't the cleverest game we ever played - I was all of 13 at the time...

50149 said:
What he forgot to mention is that AK47s are like, the crappest weapons ever made man.. they're NAFF! Gimme a G36KE or G36E with an AG36 40mm grenade launcher and 100-round double-drum Beta-C mag and gimme a lil bit of silence so I can proudly proclaim..

"who's yo' daddeh!?" :D

i m sorry to disappoint you but AK47 is known all over the world today as one of the best weapons...
what make him one like that are the facts that it's never get rusted (trust me - i know what rust can do to a weapon) and it's never stucks.
i used weapons alot and i used this weapon as well and that's my impression.

ikar

TicketMan said:

What a coincidence, today I and my mate borrowed (yeah like we'll return it) a air rifle from the PET teacher (he won't notice he has enough of them to occupy a country...) So after school we went for a bit shooting... Mwhahahaha, One lad was a target... Nah didn't hurt him he's 190 tall...

16CSVT2700

Established Member
43000 said:
i m sorry to disappoint you but AK47 is known all over the world today as one of the best weapons...
what make him one like that are the facts that it's never get rusted (trust me - i know what rust can do to a weapon) and it's never stucks.
i used weapons alot and i used this weapon as well and that's my impression.

Rust affects all metallic objects though so the "never rusted" thing is a bit void..

The AK is only the apparent "best weapon" because:

> its cheap
> so many of them
> an idiot could use one with only being shown the basics..

Then again when you compare it to the likes of other weapons..

Anywho.. before I post anymore I'd like some people with actual knowledge of weapons instead of those "taught" by gangster rap and video games.. :roll: until then it's hardly a discussion

ikar

50149 said:
Anywho.. before I post anymore I'd like some people with actual knowledge of weapons instead of those "taught" by gangster rap and video games.. :roll: until then it's hardly a discussion

I'm vastly impressed with the knowledge on guns you have gathered in your 19 or so years of life, tell us what more do you know.

Daniel

Established Member
The accuracy achived from the AK47 is never fully shown in real combat due to the operator being untrained. For example, in the 1993 War In Somalia, the AK47 Assault Rifle and the AK74 Machine gun's were mainly used.

US and UK troops were able to literally walk down a street while being shot at without taking single hit.

THe recoil of an AK47 is terrible, and take it from someone who has acctually fired a live round out of one, I mean it!

Nitro

50149 said:
Rust affects all metallic objects though so the "never rusted" thing is a bit void..

> its cheap
> so many of them

I watached tha worlds best 10 weapons thing on Channel 4 and the AK came second but only because first was the human body! I dont care what anybody sais about my taste in music, so you better get used to it ;) and video games are fun fun fun!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
memorex..

An AK74 is a 5.45mm version of the AK47..
From what I've seen recoil is only the deciding factor in following shots. Recoil has no effect on the first shot, or indeed following shots unless it is being fired on automatic or you are double-tapping.

I actually acquired a good amount of knowledge through reading books in the space of about 2 or so years. I have fired a few live weapons however. It's pretty cool having an uncle in the USAF :)
[EDIT]
MancunianTrammer said:
Has any one been to this place:

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

All you need to know bout guns.

Indeed I have mate! Very interesting reading

50149 said:
memorex..

An AK74 is a 5.45mm version of the AK47..
From what I've seen recoil is only the deciding factor in following shots. Recoil has no effect on the first shot, or indeed following shots unless it is being fired on automatic or you are double-tapping.

I actually acquired a good amount of knowledge through reading books in the space of about 2 or so years. I have fired a few live weapons however. It's pretty cool having an uncle in the USAF :)
[EDIT]

Indeed I have mate! Very interesting reading

well, with all the respect (and i do give you respect), you have the knowledge and it's not enough. with actual knowledge you can't kill your enemy. what about experience?

if i tell you that the AK47 doesn't get rusted that's because i used an AK47 for almost 2 years during my service in the army.

you can't compare the knowledge of god to an experience of a soldier.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Yes but there is the fact that I'm not going to get into a situation where I have to kill an "enemy". I originally wanted to join the Army of course the fact that being shot at by other people put me off completely.

And I could not have had much experience anyway.. I'm only 18!

50149 said:
Yes but there is the fact that I'm not going to get into a situation where I have to kill an "enemy". I originally wanted to join the Army of course the fact that being shot at by other people put me off completely.

And I could not have had much experience anyway.. I'm only 18!

now it's all clear.

if you are so young and don't have experience - don't write the way you wrote. it's just not appropriate.

TicketMan

50149 said:

> its cheap
> so many of them

Much as I hate to say your wron Brother 50149, rust (iron oxidisation) only affects Iron and steel - other metals are also oxidised, but it doesn't harm the metal as much as it does iron and steel.

TicketMan said:
Much as I hate to say your wron Brother 50149, rust (iron oxidisation) only affects Iron and steel - other metals are also oxidised, but it doesn't harm the metal as much as it does iron and steel.

well, you can't expect an 18 years old that only read books (and i m sure watch TV and play games and take his knowledge from it, altough he says he doesn't) to know that in actual fact - the AK doesn't get rusted (and in case it does - it can shoot anyway)

Demps

WRIGHT LETS GET SOME THINGS STRAIGHT. Military is my main hobby in line with Rail. The AK47 is not a crap weapon in what it wa sdesigned for and when it was designed. In 1947 but actualy came in around the early 50's, it is very unaccurate but it was produced to fire a lot of lead inot the air !, a 7.62 x 39 mm bullet will penatrate many trees. So hence the adaption of varying drum magazines and other versions such as the rpk 47. The ak 47 was produced as a mass production weapon, and since its prototype there have being many copies of it.

But "i would not have one to save my life lol, only if it was the last gun in the gun rack" lol

EVenatually the russians noticed the flaw and produced the 74 range of wepons firing 7.45 x 39 mm, which are very accurate and can match some of the performnances of other western weapons.
[EDIT]
so then any more military talk ?

Demps said:
WRIGHT LETS GET SOME THINGS STRAIGHT. Military is my main hobby in line with Rail. The AK47 is not a crap weapon in what it wa sdesigned for and when it was designed. In 1947 but actualy came in around the early 50's, it is very unaccurate but it was produced to fire a lot of lead inot the air !, a 7.62 x 39 mm bullet will penatrate many trees. So hence the adaption of varying drum magazines and other versions such as the rpk 47. The ak 47 was produced as a mass production weapon, and since its prototype there have being many copies of it.

But "i would not have one to save my life lol, only if it was the last gun in the gun rack" lol

EVenatually the russians noticed the flaw and produced the 74 range of wepons firing 7.45 x 39 mm, which are very accurate and can match some of the performnances of other western weapons.
[EDIT]
so then any more military talk ?
what kind of copies of the AK do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.