• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weaver Junction filming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hello, i am looking to record trains at Weaver Junction, does anyone know if i can get shots of the trains at the junction, especially the Liverpool trains coming of the 'fly-over'. I have looked on Google Maps and i cannot find any roads that i can use.
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
I think the nearest public access is a track under the Weaver Viaduct, just south of the former Weaver Junction signal box site. There is an overbridge next to the signalbox site, but I think that is some kind of farm access bridge rather than a public road or footbridge, and even that is probably about 0.5 mile south of the flyover. To get closer, your best hope might be to try to negotiate access to some of the farmland near the flyover.

freelander

Hi hstmatt, where do you live? there are two ways to get to the jct, both a drive and park up and then require a walk 1, would take you about 10-15 min walk which take you to the jct and the other would take about 20 min coming from the other direction,

route one is from the A533 Northwich road from Dutton, follow this road towards Northwich turn right down Lodge Lane pas the garden centre and follow road to parking space besides private houses on the left,continue on foot to the private road sign near the farm buildings. if you continue striaght on (dont bear left past the sign)through the buildings and follow path to the right down cobble road this will bring you to the under bridge of the main line.

route 2. get to Frodsham Golf club and follow road to Aston pass the school and at the sharp left hand bend in the road keep straight on down the narrow road follow this road until you come to a right hand turn in the road with a dirt track which continue striaght on park up here, on foot follow the track which will take you to the main line. hope this helps

hstmatt

Thanks for the info. Unfortuntly i cannot drive yet so i will have to await until i can drive to get there.
Is there any bus routes that could take me there?

freelander

Hi Hstmatt, you don't say where you live although you would be looking at a bus route between Northwich and Runcorn, as for photos at the jct its not that great for trains from Liverpool or Warrinton as they emerge from a low cutting, trains going to Liverpool or to warrington and north are better as you get a longer view as they come towards you, the best time is also in the afternoon with the sun on your back

freelander

Bevan Price

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Unfortuntly i cannot drive yet so i will have to await until i can drive to get there.
Is there any bus routes that could take me there?

Probably around a 2-3 mile walk from the nearest bus routes.
Visit the Cheshire West info. site for timetables:

http://www.cheshirewestandchester.g...s,_route_maps_and/bus_service_timetables.aspx

Arriva 21: Chester - Runcorn
Arriva X30: Chester - Warrington
GHA 36: Ellesmere Port - Frodsham - Runcorn.
Walk from Sutton Weaver area of Runcorn

GHA 48: Northwich - Frodsham.
Walk from Acton Bridge area, or get train to Acton Bridge then long walk.

Northwich - Runcorn (66) now only has a TuO service. one trip each way .

Caution, if walking - many of the roads are narrow and have no footpath.

Status
Not open for further replies.