• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Website updated. New videos, with sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Hello all.

Yes its another website update :roll: ;) . This month, www.thelondontube.co.uk features a whole new look. It should look cleaner, be easier to use and for myself, easier to edit. Here is the update taken from the news page:

"3rd August 2005

A new month brings another update. The site is constantly improving so remember to bookmark us.

This section is getting bigger and better. We have 5 new CLV's (Central Line Video's) available for download. But 3 are different, thelondontube.co.uk is proud to present the first 3 CLV's with sound and with more to come. These are:

Approach to Leytonstone westbound platform 1 (with sound)

Approaching Oxford Circus westbound (with sound)

Debden sidings from eastbound platform 5

Fairlop to Barkingside on the outer rail (with sound)

Leaving Ealing Broadway platform 5

A new section has been added temporarily to the Downloads. This features videos of the National Rail. These will eventually feature on Transport UK. The new videos for download are:

Class 47 passing Retford station

HST passing Retford station

These videos are courtesy of Yorkie.

Another new section is the sounds. This features sounds of the LU and more. Coming soon.

There is a new forum called the LT (London Tube) Forum which is LU specific and features loads of info on the LU. Membership is free, so take a look."

A few points:

1: The LT Forum is not in competition with this one. In-fact, as you will see on the forum and website, I wholey support this forum :P :mrgreen:

2: In Firefox, the Windows Media embedded player won't work or show up. There are download options available for most downloads anyway. I don't know about any other browsers.

Enjoy :D :D :D :D

David - www.thelondontube.co.uk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Hey Dave,
I like your new look site, very nice! However, some of the pages cannot be found, perhaps you haven't loaded them yet?
Thanks for that link, I like the 'BVE add-on creator' bit and the 'They have done some excellent work in the past and still continue to' bit! That is very flattering, thanks allot!
Cheers,

T

Tom

May I just add something to do with your BVE video pages, for each video that you post up - if you use the music I gave reference to, you need to put this on the page and the video.

Additionally, add your surname to the copyright notice as anyone called David and the first letter of their surname A can claim it is theirs.

EDIT: Don't resize images with not equal proportions, they make them look ugly, especially the BVE Routes & Trains one, and the RailUK one, just ask me to make more as I made both.

Dave A

RichardH said:
Hey Dave,
I like your new look site, very nice! However, some of the pages cannot be found, perhaps you haven't loaded them yet?

All working for me. Checked and double checked :?

Dave A

tubechallenger said:
Additionally, add your surname to the copyright notice as anyone called David and the first letter of their surname A can claim it is theirs.

I don't like putting my surname in public places. Theres only a few people in the world with my surname which would be easy to track down :? I'll change it at the next update, this weekend.

I'm now inundated (spelling) with videos so updates every weekend now :roll: :D

EDIT: Cheers TC

The Snap

Established Member
London Tube said:
RichardH said:
Hey Dave,

All working for me. Checked and double checked :?

Works fine now! :D

T

Tom

The video's are excellent now. A great addition to your catalogue.

Dave A

Cheers. As mentioned above, loads more to come. All will eventually have sound and great quality :D

Status
Not open for further replies.