• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Websites and apps that have a bus tracker that shows the reg number or fleet number of the vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

borage

One thing I've noticed is it is thinking Diamond Bus vehicles are running on another operators (Claribels) route (Birmingham Business Park route 75) and is assigning them to the other operator.

Thanks for spotting this – stopped it happening now.
Would Buses Of Somerset ever get this tracker one day.

Not yet – although their ticket machines are suitably equipped, they don't even have "real time" departure times in their app or website yet. One day, however... all operators (in England) will be required to provide this sort of information, probably "by the end of 2020": https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...on-for-the-provision-of-real-time-information

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SCH117X

Established Member
Its a bit weird how Wellglades low cost Notts & Derby operation vehicles show up but not Trent Barton or Kinch

RELL6L

I have to say that this is brilliant. I don't know how it is being funded but it is so good - please keep expanding it.

I am please to see it keeps adding bits. It looks like Arriva in Southend and Colchester and Ensign have been added today. East Anglia is virtually complete apart from First in Ipswich. The West County is also doing well (except Buses of Somerset as above).

I see there are additions in Staffordshire although gradual. First Potteries seem to have routes 25 and 101 only. Arriva Telford depot just the 5, but Cannock depot is on plus NXWM from Wolverhampton. One oddity here is Stagecoach Midlands route 48. This runs from Coventry to Nuneaton and then splits into two arms, one to Atherstone and one to Leicester. The Coventry and Atherstone sections are on but the Leicester one isn't except that sometimes buses show up between Nuneaton and Hinckley (but no further!).

Arriva The Shires is bitty. The 321 and 724 are on together with most of Luton, most of Aylesbury (but not the 500), none of Hemel, most of Wycombe (but not the 1). The vehicles listed are dodgy, some are right but some don't have the correct data in the ticket machine I guess.

Really weird one at the moment. If you look in Bournemouth there are several 17s - but actually this is the Southampton 17 with vehicles showing in completely the wrong place! A lot of Go Ahead South Coast in on but the Swanage area isn't, nor are the 'country routes' - X51/X53 etc - from Weymouth. Lots of Stagecoach South is on but not the Hayling Island, Selsey & Wittering routes.

Good to see operators being added in the North. Rosso looks like it is pretty accurate and complete.

None of this is a criticism, this is a fantastic development. Please keep going!

Good to see that Rotala Hallmark Connections and Rotala Hotel Hoppa are now back again. But strangely Rotala Hotel Hoppa is still showing as "National Express Hotel Hoppa" despite Rotala taking over the service from National Express over a year ago.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
I notice Lothian services are all now back, but Xplore Dundee vehicles have disappeared (although I found the individual service pages for Xplore very slow today so may be related to this)

nesw

It’s an impressive site and very useful. The main map is sometimes slow to load and becomes slower as more feeds are added. A Solution might be an option to have a menu to select the feeds shown on the map.

I’d imagine that there’s also scope for a paid premium option/donation that might help to finance a more stable feed. There’s a few sites in the States that offer a tracker service. TransSee is one of these with free and paid for feeds for US/CA operators https://www.transsee.ca/
Transit55 is impressive for Canadian Operators https://transit55.ca/ and Rose City http://www.rosecitytransit.org/ for Trimet, Origon and includes a radio feed.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
The main map is sometimes slow to load and becomes slower as more feeds are added. A Solution might be an option to have a menu to select the feeds shown on the map.
Ditto. A search by fleet number/registration plate box might also be useful, but not necessary!

DD12

Ditto. A search by fleet number/registration plate box might also be useful, but not necessary!

I've been enjoying playing with the tracking and the fleet number search provided for First Worcestershire (quote "For Anoraks" un-quote) - (First Midland Red), but it's too patchy and unreliable so far.
When you choose a fleet number from the Fleet List, the info that comes up includes a column on the right, with the services it has done, and if you click on those service numbers, you get a list of every vehicle that has worked on that service during the day !

Brilliant stuff ! -- I look forward to it all working proper

gka472l

It’s an impressive site and very useful. The main map is sometimes slow to load and becomes slower as more feeds are added. A Solution might be an option to have a menu to select the feeds shown on the map.

I’d imagine that there’s also scope for a paid premium option/donation that might help to finance a more stable feed. There’s a few sites in the States that offer a tracker service. TransSee is one of these with free and paid for feeds for US/CA operators https://www.transsee.ca/
Transit55 is impressive for Canadian Operators https://transit55.ca/ and Rose City http://www.rosecitytransit.org/ for Trimet, Origon and includes a radio feed.

I'd certainly be happy to pay for a 'premium' option should one be possible and I can see me making plenty of use of it on my trips out....

gka472l

Screenshot (429).jpg Screenshot (430).jpg

Here's a snapshot this morning of current coverage....Guernsey & Jersey also on

ACBest

Good for drivers too - well, me anyway! Have been using it to track where the vehicle I’m taking over is, as well as just seeing how I’ve been doing time wise too, having recently just changed workplaces!

Also spotted that when I don’t log my ticket machine straight out after finishing my last journey of the day, it’ll follow me back to the depot with the route number still attached!

Interestingly there is currently a Stagecoach South route 86 service (which runs in the Winchester area) being shown on a country lane miles away near Pulborough where no buses run at the moment.

It looks like some of the Stagecoach South vehicles on rail replacement work are currently showing. Vehicles 10952 and 10970 are currently showing to be in the car park at Three Bridges station.

It looks like Go Coach in Kent and TM Travel in Yorkshire are the latest companies to be added this morning.

JL1

They need to add Arriva Kent Thameside and Arriva Kent & Surrey.

Yes i am hoping that Arriva in Kent and Surrey and Sussex will be added soon. It would be great to see the rest of Compass Bus added too as only some of the routes are showing at the moment. Also it seems that Go Ahead Brighton & Hove has now disappeared.

JL1

Some of the services for Arriva Southend aren't working on bustimes.org at the moment.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Anyone know why whole operations come and go at random ? - I can't imagine why some companies are only on the map occasionally.

Bradley

On Moderation
Can anyone help me what the proper fleet number is for 1136 is for First Weston Super Mare as it showed up on the tracker on route X2.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
A further update noticed today, a few Arriva North West, Winsford depot vehicles showing, quite a few Arriva Midlands showing and some Stagecoach Midlands as well.....oh, and some NXWM Wolverhampton ones too...no Rotala's showing today though

No NXWM Wolverhampton is showing for me.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Can anyone help me what the proper fleet number is for 1136 is for First Weston Super Mare as it showed up on the tracker on route X2.

There is also an 878 working the 7 today.

It'll be one of the regular vehicles (probably 33413/4/6 on a process of elimination) and with a replacement ticketer module.

Whilst bus times is useful, it isn't 100% accurate with anomalies like that and the odd missing bus!!

What is that’s required for first fleets in Scotland to show on this site ? They show on real time countdown on the first app .?

Status
Not open for further replies.