• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Websites and apps that have a bus tracker that shows the reg number or fleet number of the vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

APT618S

A big thank you for all the work done to provide this information. It is extremely useful and I very much hope it expands to cover as many companies that it possibly can.
I see from comments above and experience that some routes/companies only appear on the overall map when the individual route is also accessed due to the way the data is fetched. Examples of this are TM Travel in Yorkshire / Connexions in York & First Leicester but the data still appears on the individual route map.
However there are others that simply disappear and do not appear even on the individual route maps. A current example is Go North East where the tracker showed some buses but nothing since around 0700 on 13 Feb. I have also noticed that Lothian and Stagecoach East (Peterborough & Cambridge) disappeared for a while but have now returned.
I was wondering what the cause of these "disappearances" was.

Andyh82

Established Member
The Connexions Buses info isn’t complete, there is only ever two buses on the 64 rather than the allotted four, and also non of the school services track as they aren’t listed as services in the main area of the site. The don’t track as blank squares either.

SCH117X

Established Member
Connexions always seem to be their when I look - at lunchtime it was showing 2 of the 13 workings in York as running substantially early and the other 2 somewhat late. Some X70s are erroneously shown as "to Tadcaster", a destination axed earlier in the year. Its also interesting to watch buses still reporting as on a service plainly out of service empty to the Tockwith depot.

Dick Dapré

Very interesting thread! I stumbled on bustimes.org/vehicles the other day quite by chance, and have just found this thread while searching for more information about it, as the bustimes website doesn't have much by way of explanation. In the last few days I've been observing the data for my local operator (Stagecoach South) and it's clear that not all vehicles are reporting their identities, and as a result the map doesn't show all vehicles in operation. (There appears to be some correlation between journeys showing up on the bustimes map and the ones with live times showing on the Stagecoach website, but it's not a perfect match. Stagecoach live times for a particular journey often aren't available.) By clicking on a vehicle it's possible in theory to view its roster for the day, but in practice there are always trips missing. It looks to be a work in progress, and I'd like to know more!

Does anyone know why Newbury & District doesn't show but all other brands of Reading Buses do show (like Kennections and Reading Buses and Thames Valley etc)? Are the Newbury & District vehicles not fitted with the necessary tracking systems perhaps?

Bradley

On Moderation
Has anymore First Bus Company got the tracker yet or is it just the ones that have it already at the moment.

Ooh some Nottingham City Transport and Trent Barton Vehicles tracking in Nottingham area this morning, the start of two more big additions to this amazing site !

gka472l

Ooh some Nottingham City Transport and Trent Barton Vehicles tracking in Nottingham area this morning, the start of two more big additions to this amazing site !

Indeed, just had a look, one thing I've noticed is that all the rectangles for Nottingham are at the same direction, Brighton & Hove (possible Oxford Bus Company as well?) were the same when they were briefly on before disappearing.....fantastic resource for us enthusiasts, my personal wishlist to appear would be Stagecoach in the Merseyside/NW area, Arriva Merseyside/NW/North Wales...National Express West Midlands, plus the rest of 'More' in the Bournemouth area, oh, and the rest of Plymouth Citybus (all areas local to me or visiting this year..) but I appreciate that's dependent on the data being obtainable for the creator of the website of course!

Established Member
Also some round Derby to Trent Barton as well and Kinchbus but it is a bit hit and miss as some vehicles are disappearing and others appearing.

richw

Veteran Member
Plymouth Citybus

For your information, Plymouth citybuses own app has full tracking with fleet numbers.

I have attached a couple of screen shots. Click on the route number and the fleet info comes up.

Attachments

• 5F920444-AAAF-4FA1-9D2E-9360DC8C7274.png
    5F920444-AAAF-4FA1-9D2E-9360DC8C7274.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 2B953342-7266-42A3-A919-B1AD1759BC0C.png
    2B953342-7266-42A3-A919-B1AD1759BC0C.png
    368.5 KB · Views: 41

gka472l

For your information, Plymouth citybuses own app has full tracking with fleet numbers.

I have attached a couple of screen shots. Click on the route number and the fleet info comes up.

Never knew they had one!! Cheers for that!

Andyh82

Established Member
Good to see Trent Barton and NCT being added, although it’s still a bit hit and miss at the moment.

Hophead

Established Member
Seems to be a bit of an issue with the tracker this evening. When I last checked about 15 minutes ago, Metrobus, Stagecoach South & Southern Vectis were all missing. Think I've seen First in Weymouth on previous visits, but not tonight.

Bradley

On Moderation
All of First Weymouth routes including the 6 in Bridport was not showing up yesterday afternoon or all day today on the tracker.

gka472l

Seems to be a bit of an issue with the tracker this evening. When I last checked about 15 minutes ago, Metrobus, Stagecoach South & Southern Vectis were all missing. Think I've seen First in Weymouth on previous visits, but not tonight.

Plus More in the Bournemouth/Poole areas and First in Portsmouth also been off since yesterday, hopefully just a glitch......

Dick Dapré

Yes, I noticed that Stagecoach South had gone missing. The latest data I can see is for Tuesday morning (5/3/19).
EDIT: They are all back, as of 17:10 Thursday.

Last edited:

Statto

Established Member
Is this the bustimes.org tracker website you lot are on about ot another tracker site, apparently rumours are that Arriva St Helens are having ticketer machines fitted within the next couple of months.

gka472l

Swindon's Bus Company & City of Oxford both showing this afternoon, Oxford far more extensively than previous and Swindon seems to be new.....

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
A lot more Stagecoach Fife vehicles are now showing albeit not on the tracker map. Append /vehicles to the URL of a route of your choice to see the vehicles which have been allocated all day, for example the 747.

traction22

This is amazing. When I found the London one it. This just gets better though. My personal hope would be for Stagecoach Yorkshire (and I suppose First SY) to be added, along with Malta (But that really is an off topic wish list).

SCH117X

Established Member
Further to the Rosso services the remainder of Transdev Blazefield services added today (Yorkshire Coastliner, York & Country, and Blackburn/Burnley/Harrogate/Keighley Bus Companies) coinciding with the Transdev Go mobile app being updated today to show vehicle locations

Status
Not open for further replies.